Chapter 4: Questions

When I made my way to the roof of the dormitory I waited for Ruby to show up. Luckily I didn't need to wait long, when she made it she walked over to me. “Now that you're here, I can tell you this secret that, to my knowledge no one knows this… not even Ozpin.” I said as I stared up at the stars in the night sky. “I trust you know of the legend of the Silver Eyed Warriors, correct?” I asked the Silver eyed girl. “Not that much, my dad used to tell stories of them. Although I always thought they were stories, or legends.” She answered.

“That’s because they're so secretive, as of now most have either went into hiding… or died.” I said, which made her worried. “You won't have to worry about that, because from here on out I'll be guarding you and your team. Just so we are clear though, you are one of them.” I said as I turned to look at her, her eyes were widened in confusion and shock. “How do you know all of this?” She asked me, which I hesitated to answer. “Because..." I shifted my form to the look I was born with. My eyes were silver, and I was covered in plenty of scars. My hair was a dark black, while my ears and tail were visible. "I am also among the Silver Eyed Warriors." I said as I looked directly into the silver eyed girl's eyes.

“Now, Ruby Rose, I think we should head to our dorm now. It is getting late now after all, and I'm sure you'll need your rest.” I said as I shifted back to my usual appearence, then I walked past her and towards the door. “Wait, why do you have to protect me?” She asked, which I already knew my answer. “I have multiple reasons. Such as if I don't, a cute girl like yourself might end up getting yourself killed and I can't have that.” I said before going through the door, and going inside. Not long after Rose petals suddenly appeared, as she appeared beside me with a blush clearly visible on her cheeks.

Timeskip

When we arrived at our Dorm room I found that they had their beds set up as bunk beds. Although it does look very dangerous, I decided to not say anything about it. “Ruby, why is he with you?” Weiss asked her. “Because, if you didn't hear I'm assigned to your team. I'm sure someone of your stature can guess what that means with ease. Or I hope so at least.” I said to the Ice Heiress, but mumbled the last bit. “Would you mind repeating that last part?” She asked, but I just ignored her as I set up in a corner.

“Go to sleep already Ice Heiress, we have classes in the morning after all.” I said to her as I unstrapped Soulless and laid it against the wall. “He's right, we need to go ahead and get some sleep.” Ruby said, which I heard her team groan in response as they got into their beds. She approached me, and kneeled down next to me. “You can sleep with me, if you'd like.” She said, which although it would be nice I shouldn't. “I appreciate the offer, but I'll need to turn you down. Now, get some rest Rubes." I said, which I didn't get a response back from her, but due to her blush and smile I'd guess she's  happy.

After she changed into her pajamas she went asleep in her bed, which was above Weiss' own bed. ‘This'll be one Hell of an adventure with these four.’ I thought to myself as I drifted off into my slumber.

Nightmare

I looked around in fear at the open field I found myself in, there were the remains of Grimm everywhere. That was when I remembered what had happened. “Dad!” I shouted as I ran towards the homestead, only to find both of my parents were dead. “You were to late, kid. You can't save them, you can't save anyone. You'll be alone forever. Everyone around you dies. Freak.” I heard the words of multiple people echoing around me. I covered my ears and tried to block the voices out. Except the voices grew louder with each passing second.

“If your parents would have abandoned you years ago, maybe they'd still be alive. I knew you were cursed. Evil! You're worse than the Grimm! Go back to where you came from!” The voices continued as I felt myself starting to snap under the pressure. “Shut. The. Hell. Up!” I shouted as I used Soulless to kill the man that stood before me. In doing so my vision changed to reveal I was in a village, and I just killed someone. “He… killed him. He was just trying to help him.” I heard the nearby Townsfolk say, as they glared at me.

As I looked at Soulless, I saw the blade of my scythe pierced his heart. The wound killed him instantly, leaving just his lifeless body in front of me. As I looked at the man's face, the voices started once more. I gritted my teeth and pulled Soulless out of the man's chest, leaving the point of the blade coated in blood. “I Said… Shut… Up!” I shouted as I sliced Soulless at the innocent people of the village.

When the voices finally stopped the village was burning, and bodies littered the streets. Bodies of all the inhabitants, all of which were killed by me. I was in the center of all the chaos, on my knees and had Soulless in front of me. The blade stuck into the ground, forcing it to stand amidst the chaos. I looked down at my hands to see the blood of men, women, and the Grimm covered my hands… along with the blade of Soulless.

Present Time

Waking up I found myself in team RWBY's dorm. I sat up, and quickly calmed my breathing. When I was breathing normally, I looked down at my hands. ‘All the blood I spilled are on my hands. Human, Fanus, Grimm… so much blood.’ I thought to myself as I remembered it all. I got up off the floor, grabbing Soulless and my gear, and I exited the dorm.

I stood on a cliff, overlooking the Emerald Forest. I stretched my arms and looked up at the sky to see all the stars. Pulling my hood up I walked off the cliff, as I fell I quickly shifted into the form of a Raven and flew up into the sky. Soaring through the air I could see all of the Emerald Forest, and all of Beacon Academy. ‘Being sealed for nearly a century, I missed being able to spread my wings.’ I thought to myself as I flew towards Beacon.

As I landed on the highest point of Beacon Academy I quickly shifted back to my form. Standing on top of Beacon Academy, made me feel… something I couldn't think of. By no means am I a hero, but I'm the Guardian of Remnant. Making my highest priority finding the source of the Grimm, and ridding Remnant of it. Only then, will the God of Light allow me my chance at eternal peace. I took this oath of duty so I may avenge my family, and eradicate the Grimm once and for all.

[Word Count 1,249]