IV [Gluttony]

published January 11th, 2019 at 9:42 PM

°•.•°

"hey jiyeonie," jungkook draws as he slides into his chair, struggling a bit with the thickness of his bottom half. "how are you? you seem... well."

you turn over to look at him, intrigued but unimpressed. "how do you mean?"

"you have... some evidence of a good time, to put it simply," he clicks his tongue, glancing down at the dark blue hickeys on your neck. "chanyeol gets to work i see."

"it's not chanyeol's. we're not together anymore," you say simply and turn back around in your seat, handling your own business.

his expression drops quickly. he searches your face for a few moments in heavy silence, before asking for confirmation. he sounded shocked.

you assured him, without going into detail. you felt no emotion towards the subject - it was your fault, and the only way you felt towards the whole situation was negatively, but that was general. a broad spectrum.

"i-i'm sorry to hear that, i really didn't know, i'm s-"

"it's okay," you smile weakly. "you didn't know. don't stress about it. all is well and forgiven."

he pauses but finally turns the end of his thin lips up in the slightest smile. "good. i know i might not seem the type you'd want to confide in but as of today, i think it's best you know you can be comfortable around me and tell me anything you'd like."

you nod slightly. "thank you, jungkook. really."

he nods back.

the atmosphere settles once again and its quiet between the two of you, before jungkook nudges your shoulder again. you turn to him and cock a brow in question.

"where's your bag?"

good question. where is it?

suddenly you remember slinging it into your employee locker and leaving it there over the weekend. fuck.

"shit."

"is that it?" jungkook asks sweetly, gesturing to the café before the two of you. you nod and wave him bye as you part ways and stride into the building, quickly heading to the employee lounge to prepare for your shift.

this time, you won't forget your bag again.

you begin to stride in when you hear jungkook yell your name from afar. you spin on your heels to face him, and he stops suddenly, only centimeters from you.

his face brightens and he glances over to the side, clicking his tongue. "jiyeon, we should hang out more."

you're taken aback. he stopped you all for that? and why is he blushing? this kid is like a whole new person from the overconfident fuckboy who was new to class only days ago.

"of course, jungkook," you say absentmindedly. "of course."

he smiles pretty, showing shining white teeth. "great!" he exclaims and claps his hands softly.