1

1970 - London, England

Her name was India, short for Indigo. Her eyes were painted a grayish green. Her hair was long and beautifully waved, a mess of waves really. Her flowy flowery patterned skirt danced as she roamed around the bar, serving drinks and humming silently to the song the band was performing that night.

"My darling, I would like to have some water please." she heard the indescribably unique voice as she turned around.

"Are you sure, sir? I don't think we actually have water around here..." she said, fake disappointment noticeable in her voice.

She then started to prepare the man's drink as she already knew by heart his favorite drink.

"And there you go. For the queen herself, Farrokh Bulsara." she smirked at the name. "Enjoy."

"It's Freddie, my darling." he corrected her, smiling.

"Guess who's here tonight?" the young woman asked her friend while drum rolling on the counter.

Freddie grew excited at her enthusiasm. "The Beatles?!" said the man incredulously.

"Not quite..." India answered. "Smile!"

Freddie's smile was long gone and his boring eyes stared fiercely at her green ones.

"Come on, Fred! Give them a chance!" India started pleadingly, as both of them looked at the stage where a supposed member of 'Smile' was arranging their set. "They are not that bad!"

Freddie sighed but then managed to smile. "I suppose I could give them a try if that makes my Indigo happy..."

"That's the Fred I've grown to love!"

"What do you mean 'grown'?" Freddie turned to the girl, while faking being offended.

"The show's about to start!" She rapidly changed the subject and started to serve a customer.

Freddie just stood there, carefully watching the three young men play a 'not so terrible song' as he would say.

**

When 'Smile''s set finished, Indigo looked at her dearest friend and asked "So... are you going to talk to them?"

"I wish I could say no to that smile." Freddie sighed.

"Yes! I'm so happy! You're gonna be so big, I can already see it!" she started dreamingly "your name will be in all those neon signs you only see in Las Vegas! Oh God, how I miss Vegas..." she trailed off.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, darling! I'm not even in the band yet." Freddie laughed at his friend.

"I'm aware. But you will!"

"I know." said Freddie while walking towards the backstage to chat with the band members.

"Oh! And please, can you let the blonde drummer know that the staring is becoming annoying and mostly creepy?" India rapidly spoke while cleaning the counter and taking someone's order. A busy night at the bar, to say the least.

"Of course I will, my darling!" the talented singer shouted behind his back.

-//-
01/01/2019