4

1972 - somewhere in England

"We need to sell the van." Freddie said.

John was trying to fix the car while Brian stood alongside Roger who was munching on a ham sandwich.

"I hope you're joking." answered the drummer with his mouth full.

"I'm serious!" started the lead singer. "We can pay for an album if we do so."

"Don't even think about it." Roger snapped back.

**

"Here you go." The singer gave the producer the great amount of money the band had managed to get from selling the van.

Roger just rolled his eyes at the action while Freddie smirked at him.

"You have the studio until it opens in the morning. Good luck." the producer finished and fake smiled.

**

Mary Austin was fast asleep on the burgundy sofa, besides a very pretty girl Roger had brought to the studio session.

India was working on the mixing table while giving instructions concerning singing and playing to the boys.

"Freddie give me a G." she pressed the button. "Thank you! Roger keep the tempo!" he tried to do as she was saying, but all of them were terribly tired and very frustrated.

"I sound like shit." implied the lead singer.

"Guys, if we want to be different..." started the puddle haired guitarist "we have to get experimental."

"Like this?" asked India as she added some back vocals in a very original way to the track.

All the members smiled widely, which was a sign of approval.

"Let's go guys, we have 30 minutes until the studio opens!" informed the producer.

The four members started inventing some weird ways to make their music the best they could, having tons of fun in the process.

"Who are these kids?" asked another producer who had heard the boys experimenting.

"Just a group of college kids." shrugged the other producer who was now sitting where India once was.

Indigo was trying to stop the drum set from hitting John, terribly failing as Roger and Brian were trying to keep it together.

"I like them." said the former producer. "They've got talent."

**

Mary went to work and Roger's girl friend had left. Freddie and John were in the recording studio while India, Brian and Roger sat on the burgundy sofa Mary and the girl were once sleeping in.

"You know? I used to have the biggest crush on Marilyn Monroe..." Brian trailed off.

"Why did you think that was important right now?" asked India, amused.

Brian shrugged and Roger jumped off the couch and started excitedly:

"My biggest celebrity crush when I was a teenager was Veronica Lake!"

"Here we go again." mumbled Indigo while rolling her eyes boringly.

"I used to dream about her all the time!" the blonde continued while wandering around the room with a dreamy look on his face. "I had this dream where we-"

"We really don't care Roger." the girl implied looking disgusted.

"You know?" the drummer started while sitting down and smiling at the young woman. "You remind me of her..."

Indigo laughed and looked at both men who sat beside her looking completely oblivious.

"Oh..." she abruptly stopped laughing as said "she was my mom."

Roger's jaw fell to the floor and Brian's followed right after.

"Oh my darlings..." Freddie smiled entering the room with John trailing behind. "I could swear I had told you."

And there they stood, completely taken aback by the information.

-//-
04/01/2019