15

1982 - New York City, U.S.A.

After the little incident in London, Indigo hadn't spoken to Freddie nor Roger again.

Brian would regularly check up on her though, one of the reasons why he would be her daughter's godfather.

India was six months pregnant with a baby girl and she and Mathew couldn't be happier.

Indigo had asked Brian and John to let Freddie know the news, but they said he wouldn't answer their calls.

This obviously made India very concerned about her dearest friend, but her life was so busy, especially after her daughter's birth, that she wasn't able to help Freddie out.

As for Roger, he was truly happy for her. Destroyed that the baby wasn't his, but overly excited about the fact that India was bringing more of herself into this Earth. The drummer couldn't lie, he really wanted to meet the baby girl, but he couldn't simply knock on India's door, right?

Either way, that's exactly what he did.

**

1984 - New York City, U.S.A.

One of Indigo's dearest friends, John Lennon, had been assassinated for co-writing the song "Imagine" in 1980. Other than petrified, India was scared because she was the one who co-wrote the song with John.

This was the main reason why the security around her house was more alert than ever, and Roger found it almost impossible to make it to her front door without being interrogated or shot.

When she appeared at the door, Roger stood there completely speechless.

She was breathtakingly gorgeous. Her hair had grown since he last saw her, and it was wavier as well.

She still dressed in a very fancy way, but never leaving her origins, always sporting some kind of vintage pattern.

You could also say that she was in loss for words when it came to Roger.

Yes, he used to be incredibly beautiful but now there he stood, looking like the most attractive man she'd ever seen, while sporting his famous floral shirt she had once worn herself.

She smiled brightly at the blond and gestured for him to enter her house.

He noticed that there was no sign of a ring in her hand, which she rapidly caught on.

"Right..." she sighs looking at her finger. "It didn't really work out."

He smiled sadly at her and showed her his right ringless hand as well. "I know how you feel..."

She smiled sadly at him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Look..." he started "About that day, I really just wanted you to know that you changed me. For the better, that is." he continued when she smiled "I would leave everything behind for you in a second. And I only realized that when you were in my arms." he grinned at the memory.

"Hey, Rog?" he looked at her. "It's fine. No hard feelings." she genuinely smiled at the blond, whose heart melted.

"So... we're good?" he asked.

"Of course we are." India answered. "Oh, come here!" she exclaimed, taking him into a hug.

They both felt at ease with each other. They were happy, genuinely happy.

"You look beautiful, by the way." stated Roger as India broke the hug apart.

"I hope you're not comparing me to a car anymore." she laughed, and so did he.

"I never did." he smiled.

"I know... I like your shirt." she smirked playfully.

He took a look at his outfit and soon understood what she was doing. "Really? For some reason, I think it would look better on you." he laughed.

She started to laugh as well, but was soon interrupted by her baby's crying.

"Not again!" she whined.

"I can help you out if you'd like." Roger offered, super eager to meet her baby girl, Aurora.

"God, you're an angel." she smiled warmly at the blonde, right before leading him to her daughter's bedroom.

-//-
15/01/2019