17

1985- Munich, Germany

Indigo had been to Munich before, just not in these circumstances.

The young woman hadn't seen Freddie in years and she couldn't help but worry sick about him.

And since he never picked up his phone, she decided to take the matter into her own hands, and without Roger knowing, she sneaked out of their house and hopped on a plane to Munich.

She knew that when Roger discovered what she had done, he would be beyond pissed but Freddie needed her more than ever, and she couldn't leave him to die.

The rain was violently pouring and not one taxi was available at midnight, making India walk from the airport to Freddie's house while soaked.

Another detail that would make Roger crazy if he ever found out.

After knocking on the singer's entrance door various times and not getting an answer, India looked through the first window she found, only to discover a passed out Freddie on his couch.

She noticed that his house was a complete mess: alcoholic drinks all over the place, furniture out of place, cocaine spilled all over every single table visible...

She shook her head and her eyes started to water.

She then proceeded to knock on his window's glass, making Freddie wake up.

When he realized who stood outside, Freddie's eyes sparkled and his heartbeat accelerated. A beautiful and genuine smile made its way onto his face and he rapidly rushed to the door, as efficiently as he possibly could.

When he managed to open it, both friends embraced each other in such a warm and welcoming way.

They missed each other more than they had ever missed anyone.

They were incomplete without each other. Their hearts belonged together, holding hands, always.

And even thought they had drifted apart, their love for each other never faded away and came rushing back the moment they hugged.

"Love of my life!" he mumbled "how I've missed you." he finished, never letting her go.

She broke the hug apart and caressed his cheek, taking a better look at his face.

"What happened Fred?" she said in a quiet voice, a little above a whisper.

"It doesn't matter." he closed his eyes at her touch and intertwined his hands with hers. "You're here now." the singer smiled.

"Freddie, you need help." the woman stated. "And you need it now." she continued. "Why did you refuse to play at 'Live Aid'?"

"What's 'Live Aid?'?" he asked, confused.

"One of the biggest concerts in history" she continued "it's being organized in order to raise money to help the children in Africa. Paul said he would let you know."

"He probably thought it wasn't important... I've been busy." he said.

"Yeah, I can see that..." she started looking around his living room.

"Stay, my love." the singer started. "Please don't leave... not again..." he smiled sadly. "I have plenty of rooms here-"

"Freddie, I'm pregnant." Indigo cut him off.

"You're what?!" he asked incredulously. "Who is the father?"

India looked at him and scoffed.

"Right..." the woman started "Paul said he would let you know of the wedding, but now I clearly see he didn't, again." she then finished. "I got married to Roger back in April."

Freddie stood there, simply staring at his dearest friend while tears streamed down his face. "I'm sorry." he whispered.

"No Fred! Paul doesn't care about you. These people don't care about you..."

Freddie sadly stared at her friend and asked "who does, anyways?"

India was beyond offended and hurt.

"Who does, Freddie?! I do" she shouted "Mary does! And so do Brian, Roger and John! We truly care about you!" she continued as the tears came back to her green eyes.

Freddie's cheeks were now stained by his own salty tears.

"Take care of yourself Fred, if not for you, do it for me." she sadly said before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

Freddie was completely heartbroken, destroyed even...

The love of his life had opened his eyes to reality and now he just had to look up to the skies to finally see.

-//-
17/01/2019

-//-
3k reads! I can't thank you enough! Keep reading, voting and commenting! Love you :)