{Trust} chapter 7

"I am so sorry about that," Yuri sighed looking at me. "He just gets on my nerves sometimes. He is not considerate about peoples feelings and just always seems to have pack work on his mind. A lot a lot to handle let me tell you. Sometimes I don't even think he is ready for a mate," Yuri muttered to herself, but gasped and quickly covered her mouth

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to say that."

I was about to respond, but shut my mouth. I know I said I had to lay low, but maybe I can get his sister to help me out. She doesn't seem too fond of Alpha Jonah from what I have seen. She even said she doesn't even think he should have a mate. Potentially, she could be my ticket out and I need to get out of here. Its worth a try at least. 

"No, its fine." 

"I don't even want a mate. Never was to fond of having one either really. I don't feel that I am ready with having a mate just like him," I started, easing into the conversation. 

"I didn't mean that last part. He is ready. It was very uncivil of me to say ," she said trying to reassure me.

 I ignored what she said and continued. "Alpha Jonah is a workaholic and I don't even want to have a mate and neither does he. It seems like it isn't the right time for the both of us..."

"What are you trying to say," she said, her eyebrows furrowed together. 

"Let me go. Help me leave. We both aren't ready for a mate and I don't even think we are compactable. You said it yourself, he cares about his work and has no time for a mate and I don't belong in a pack anyway. If you help me leave I wont tell anyone and I promise that I wont return, ever," I said quickly, the tone of my voice hard.

She looked at me taken a back and sighed after a moment. "I understand" 

"Your a rouge," she said softly and I did not miss the slight distaste in her mouth as she spoke it. 

 "You like to move around from place to place. Not stay in a pack with a bunch of rules to follow.  I understand that's just how you like to live. But you will never leave this place." She said looking right in my eyes. "Your his mate and he will never let you leave. I know he doesn't show it now, but he is very fond of you already and I can see that. He will only get more fond of you, as you will of him and the Moon Goddess put you together for a reason. Don't lose faith so soon," she added at the end. 

I sighed as I mentally rolled my eyes. Any hope that I had when she said those two words were gone. I thought I had her for just a second, but I guess I never did. 

 A short knock on the door caught both of our attention  and seconds later a tall, lean man burst in. As he structed toward us his melanin skin glistened from  the sunlight that was shining through the windows. He was wearing a short sleeves, cheetah button down with light blue pants that were cuffed at the bottom. For shoes he had black dress shoes and was wearing black, thick rimmed, glasses.

"Darling," he smiled grabbing Yuri's outstretched hands and greeted her in a French manner. 

"Hello Armon," she said with a smile plastered on her face. The man glanced sideways at me as he eyed me up and down.

"Is this her," he questioned. Yuri nodded her head. He stalked over to me and grabbed my hand kissing it dramatically.

"You are just beautiful Luna," he complimented me. I looked at him weirdly and forced my hand back out of his grip.

"Kiss up" Yuri coughed on the side.

He sent her a sneaky glare which she seemed to be oblivious too but wasn't missed by me. "Hello, my name is Armon and  I am the Alphas tailor and couturier. I just need some measurements and...''

''Maybe...I will just do a little bit of a makeover," he questioned, biting his lip nervously as he looked towards Yuri like a child asking for permission. She simply shrugged her shoulders in response. ''It wasn't a no'' he smiled.   

What? Measurements? Makeover?   

"So this is what I have to work with," he circled around me as I kept spinning around to look at him. 

"Really skinny, long, little curves, skin dry, hair...ugh...no," he cringed. 

Then his face brightened. 

"Armon loves a challenge."

                                                                                                       °°°

I made my way over to the bed a fell down utterly exhausted.

It's been three hours. Three hours of putting on two hundred pieces of clothing, pins stabbing me, and constant criticism on how I don't pull something off.

It's been three hours of masks, exfoliating, rubbing my skin until it's turns bright red.

It's been three hours of them deciding to teach me how to walk properly in... heels. The death machine. Apparently I am going to have to get used to it, since I am going to be wearing them a lot according to Yuri. That's just perfect. Another escape plan doesn't sound like such a bad idea right now. 

"Come on, we have to go to the kitchen it's dinner time," Yuri told me.

"I am not hungry," I replied and lied on the bed. I was too tired from this 'makeover' that just happened and I certainly didn't want to take a chance of running into Alpha Jonah and have him hammer me with more potential questions. Also I simply didn't want to see him.

"You haven't eaten all day and I know  you must be hungry. Just come with me. I have to make sure that you eat... Jonah's orders," she said. She's his sister yet she takes orders from him? That's strange. 

''I don't want to eat right now. Please, just leave me alone.'' I just needed some space to think things over. I have to stay in this pack for much longer than I never planned to stay for and I already spent the whole day with these people. 

''Trust me, you will want to come to dinner tonight. I think the chef is making her famous mac and cheese just for you! I know that it sounds like a simple meal  and not extravagant, but I swear its like nothing you have ever tasted before!'' she exclaimed.  

I looked at her and my mind could only focus on two word that she had just spoken. It had repeated in my head over and over again. I scoffed,''Trust you...,'' I said sucking on my teeth. ''I'm supposed to trust you? Why," I asked her raising my voice.

''Because we are family,'' Yuri said giving me a small hopeful smile. This time I actually rolled my eyes at her. 

''We are family.'' I sneered at her, as her hopeful smile dropped into a frown. ''That's the best you can come up with?'' 

 ''Your people kidnapped me when I was perfectly fine. Brought me to a place that I don't want to be and to something that I don't want. Don't think I won't forget that so easily. Do I trust you? No. Are we family? No. Do I very much want you to get the hell out of my sight. Yes. So leave." I said venom seeping throughout my words. Her arms that wrapped around her waist were flexed as she held on tightly. Her eyebrows furrowed down as her lips pouted slightly. She took in one deep breath composing herself and unwrapped her arms from her waist.    

"If you get hungry just ask one of the guards to direct you to where the kitchen is. Snacks are in the cupboards," her monotone voice rang through the silent room as she turned, walking out through the in double doors. 

I sighed lying back down and looked up at the white coffered ceilings. I was finally alone.