5:

recap:

"(Y/N) Smith?" Levi guesses.
...
"You're smarter than you look," I say solemnly.
"Why is it a big deal?"
"I don't know, he just made me keep it a secret."
"Tch, seems like something he would do."
There's a long silence where neither of us move. I've been a scout for years and no one has ever known about my dad, I've known Levi for less than a day and he's already unpicked my life.
"Don't tell anyone about my dad, Corporal. Not even him."
"Make me, Brat."

5:

I sent him away after that, after doing his dressing of course.

Levi was strongly intent on blackmailing me with Erwin but...what the heck? If things got too bad, I would tell dad, but Levi knew that, so he wouldn't go that far. And who knows? It might be quite fun.

You know, having an excuse to see him.

Did I just say that?

"(Y/N)!!" I hear a shriek and my eyes snap open.

Why do I always manage to fall asleep on my sofa? It's just so comfy...

"When was the last time you had a good night's sleep?" the newly identified voice of Petra asks, worried for my health I suppose, before she sits down on the sofa next to me. "Okay, I understand, this sofa is too comfy."

"Now you understand why I haven't gone to my room in at least a month," I giggle.

"(Y/N) that's really unhealthy though. As comfy as this sofa is, and it's really fucking comfy, they always say that you should separate work and relaxation, and all you've been doing recently is working," she continued in a more serious tone.

"What's wrong with sleeping here? It's comfy and it means I don't have to walk from my apartment to the centre in the morning."

In the scout HQ there isn't one block housing all the scouts and staff, there are many. There are fat apartment blocks. There are ones for each squad, for the new cadets, for the staff and separate mini houses for squad leaders, like Levi. The main building houses squad leaders' offices, common rooms for each squad, the mess hall and kitchen, and then the med centre. There are extra establishments like the stables and training pitches, but they're separate from the main body of the scout HQ. The staff members are strongly discriminated against, and so our apartment block is the furthest from the main building and it's a solid 20-minute walk. In the cold. At 6am.

Sleeping in the med centre is the best idea I've ever had.

"(Y/N) c'mon, admit that it's unhealthy. If you just don't like the walking part, then we can walk together. I mean, this room is a tip- wait it's clean, what happened, it's like tornado-Levi came and hit this place."

"Oh, yeah," I cough. "Levi forced me to clean it."

"Haha, that seems like something he'd do - make you clean everything while he watches," she laughs.

"He did help though," I say before I remember him lifting me up.
I cough.
Loudly.
And I stand up.
"Sorry, hay fever," I lie before sitting down again.

"It's October," Petra looks at me confused but brushes it off quickly. " But he actually helped? That's a surprise."

"Yeah, maybe because it was so bad in here," I chuckle.

"Haha definitely, my favourite part was the mountain of clothes in the corner," she laughs.

"Hey, you can't talk, I've seen your apartment!"

"My apartment is perfectly clean thank-."

"Cadet (L/N), I require your assistance," I hear a loud, monotonous voice come from the door, which had been silently opened.

"Oh, I should leave then," Petra says, a bit rejected.

"Petra, wait." She turns around behind Levi's back and looks at me, holds two thumbs up and a mischievous smile before leaving. Not before wiggling her eyebrows of course. I grin at her and then turn to Levi.

"Tch, why are you smiling at me," he moans.

"I am humbled to be at your service," I bow mockingly.

"Stand up, Brat," he whines.

"No, no, I am not worthy," I chuckle.

I hear a faint chuckle and look up.

"You just laughed?" my eyes light up.

This is something to annoy him with.

"What, no I didn't," he rolls his eyes.

"Yes, you did! I cracked you!" I cheer.

I suddenly feel something over my mouth, causing me to stop. I realise it's Levi's hand and I shrink.

"What do you say cadet?" he asks sternly.

"Sorry Corporal..." I mumble through his hand.

"Nope."

"Sorry Captain?"

"No."

"Sorry O' Mighty One," I joke, raising my arms as if I'm in awe.

His grip tightens, and I laugh while I apologise.

I don't feel threatened because I see light in his eyes. He may look annoyed, but somewhere deep, deep, deep, deep down, he's enjoying this.

"I told you to call me Levi," he finally admits.

"Oh, Sorry Levi," I continue to mumble.

"Good girl," he half whispers.

My heart skips a beat.

[A/N]

this one is for atolla ig

lia x