Chapter 2: Their Story

Shocked was an understatement for Tenzin. He couldn't believe it. He had four more kids. Two who were airbenders. Lin was pregnant when they broke up. Years of trying to have kids and she got knocked up when it was inconvenient. That's ironic and just plain mean. Tenzin began to feel dizzy, but Meelo felt the opposite.

"Yay! I have other brothers and sisters." Meelo ran towards where Haru was while Tenzin sat in the nearest seat.

"I need to sit down." Tenzin mumbled. Jinora and Ikki started to ask Lin questions and Rohan joined his brother in getting to know his new brothers. Pema stayed silent and sat beside her husband.

"Why did you never tell us? When did they start bending? Did you have four kids all at the same time? Was it painful?" Ikki asked Lin in her normal hyper and fast voice. Lin sat down in a seat farthest away from Tenzin, which was beside Sora and Jade.

"Give me a second to explain." Lin said to Ikki. Jinora and Ikki sat down on the seats next to Lin as they waited for her to explain. "It was a complicated process when your father broke up with me. At first I totally destroyed Air Temple Island. Sorry about that by the way." Lin said turning her head to Tenzin. "Then I tried to arrest your mom. Sorry about that too." Lin said turning her head to Pema.

"It's okay. I was just a little scared at first." Pema said. "I'm going to give you a minute." Pema said going up to exit the room.

"Are you sure?" Lin asked.

"Yeah. I figure it will be uncomfortable to talk about this topic with me in the room." Pema left the room and Lin turned her head back to the two girl eagerly wanting to know the rest of the story.

"One day your dad called saying he wanted to come pick up his stuff. I packed up all his stuff and I put them in a box."

"Why was his stuff at your house?" Meelo asked innocently. Lin thought of a lie to tell Meelo, but luckily Haru came up with one faster.

"They had a lot of sleepovers together. Sometimes every night a week." Haru said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"How do you know that?" Tenzin asked him.

"I assumed that since mom has guys come over for sleepovers once or twice a week and the men never come back again, that with the man who you were in a real relationship with you stayed over a lot more." Haru said with a smirk on his face.

"Haru," Lin growled in a deep voice.

"Mom," Haru mocked her. Lin rolled her eyes and continued her story.

"When your dad came back he picked up his stuff and," Lin stopped and thought of a replacement word for the younger audience. "gave me a special hug. A month later I found out I was pregnant. A few months later I found out it was with quadruplets. And to answer your earlier question, Ikki, it did hurt giving birth to them at the same time. A lot." She said glaring at Jade and Haru. Jade hid her face with her hand and Haru laughed. For a split second Lin thought she saw Tenzin with a small smile on his face.

"Was it a nice 'special hug'?" Jinora asked putting air quotes around special hug. Lin knew Jinora knew the meaning behind special hug.

"More of an angry one." Tenzin said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You seemed to enjoy it. All three of them." Lin said with a smirk while crossing her legs. Tenzin's face went red. Jinora, Jade, and Ikki's face had a disgusted look and Haru laughed so hard he fell out of his seat, while Meelo and Rohan looked confused. A nurse then came in and looked at all the people in the room.

"Excuse me, only four people can visit them at a time." The nurse said. Meelo looked at the nurse and opened his mouth.

"She's really pretty. Can I give her a special hug?" Meelo asked. All the people in the room- except the nurse and Rohan- shouted, "no!" Meelo shrugged and went back to talking to his older brother. The nurse exited the room not wanting to bother with the complicated family. After Tenzin processed everything he has head he stood up and straightened his robes. He went and stood in front of Lin.