Chapter 4: Amber

Lin was getting mad at everyone and everything. Tenzin began to start fearing going into their apartment. One night when they were in bed Lin confronted him about it.

"Are you cheating on me?" She asked her boyfriend. Tenzin's eyes widened at the question.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

"You're never home. You don't go around me. So, are you cheating on me?" She asked

"No," Tenzin replied immediately. He took her hands in his and looked into her green eyes that he loves so much. "Lin. I love you more than anyone in the world. You're everything to me." He said.

"Then why are you avoiding me?" She asked. Tenzin sighed and knew he had to come clean.

"The truth is that, lately you've been a little short tempered." He said honestly.

"Are you scared of me?" She asked.

"No," Tenzin lied. "Ok, yes." He said truthfully. "I'm sorry." Lin put her hand over her mouth and tried to stop the tears coming down her face.

"I'm a monster." She said. Tenzin repeatedly told her that she was not, but it didn't matter. "Yes I am. I've made the only person who I really care about fear me. You're scared of me so much that you don't want to be around your nine months pregnant girl friend!" She yelled at him. She hugged the numb on her stomach where her unborn baby laid and stayed silent.

"I'm an idiot." Tenzin realized. "I was so focused on how mad you were that I completely forgot that you needed help." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" He asked. She turned to face and kissed him on his lips. She deepened the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you," Lin said to him with a smile.

"I love you too, boulder brain." Tenzin told her. Lin smirk and kissed him again.

"Airhead." She mumbled against his lips. "Do you need this shirt?" She asked him. He quickly discarded the shirt and fell down on the bed on his back. Lin went on top of him and began to trail kisses down his neck. "Airhead," She said pulling away.

"Yes?" He asked wanting to get back to what they were doing.

"My water broke." She told him.

Tenzin woke up in his bed with Pema beside him. Tenzin has never wrapped his arms around Pema while they slept. He felt bad, but Pema didn't want to anyway. At first Tenzin felt cold with out Lin's body close to his. His heart swelled at the memory of holding her in his arms. The day their child was born was the happiest day of his life, but today is the saddest. He told all his Airbending students that they have today off. Pema and the kids knew not to disturb him on this day of the year. Tenzin got up and dressed in to regular clothes. He wore a dark grey jacket with black pants. He used the hood of the jacket to put on his head and went to the docks to enter Republic City.

Ever since Lin's memory dream last night she hasn't been able to fall back asleep. She watched as her daughter, Jade, wake up for her sleep.

"Hey kid," Lin said to her daughter.

"Hey mom," Jade responded while running her eyes.