Chapter 3: Swimming in pink

The walk to the older boy's house wasn't long, or apartment complex rather. Theo lived on the top floor. It was fairly small, but it had access to the roof. Which Liam noted was decorated with fairy lights—very romantic—. Liam was a bit hopeless when it came to this stuff, he loved it. It made his heart swoon, and Scott always teased him for it. Theo picked up on Liam's excitement as he showed his 'rooftop palace' to the little beta. Theo was really enjoying his presence, it really seemed to lift the heavy fog that weighed on his shoulders.

"Hey werepuppy," Theo tugged on what was left of the boy's shirt, as Liam rolled his eyes at the choice of name."Let's get you changed, I can't be a bad host now can I?" His head tilted inside as he said this. Suggesting the two move on.

With that, the werepuppy followed the mysterious boy into his bedroom...and into his...walk in closet? Well yes, indeed it was a walk in closet, filled with black leather jackets, endless black v-neck shirts, and well, the only color was found in the endless rainbow of hoodies.

"Alright Dunbar, choose whatever you'd like, I'll wait outside and make some coffee." Theo smiled and laughed a little looking down as he closed the door and left the room.

Liam nodded, and noted the way the boy's hair drooped down his forehead, grazing his darkened chocolate brows, accentuating those beaver dam eyes. Mentally shaking himself, Liam turned to the awe-inspiring closet. He pulled off his now shredded tee and soaked jeans. The beta had a playful smile teasing his lips. He knew exactly what he was gonna take.

Meanwhile, Theo was blending coffee beans for the perfect roast, it was a blend of light roast coffee, and cinnamon dark roast beans. Definitely not a symbolism for anything here. Nope not at all. Just as Theo pushed down on the french press to strain the coffee, Liam made his entrance. And well, it made Theo's heart skip a beat, the cuteness was just unbearable, he had to lift his hand to cover his growing smile. There, the beta stood with oversized rolled up jeans, that were barely staying on by his belt. and well, perhaps the best part, the pink hoodie that just seemed to swallow Liam. He was swimming in the pink. Theo liked to think of it as an indirect hug.

"It's all good in mi hood" Liam smugly grinned towards the other boy. Who was now walking up to him.

"Well," Theo pulled the hood over the beta's head. "Actually its my hood." This time Theo wore the smug grin while the other blushed, shifting from each foot. Liam's breath caught when Theo's hand left the hood and went to graze Liam's chin. Slowly moving upwards along his jawline. The two stood there for a moment, just dreaming into each other's eyes, questioning what could, and might, be there.

Theo so desperately wanted to claim those lips with his own, but when he peered in the gleaming eyes of the boy infront of him, he couldn't help but stare at his own reflection and feel reminded of his own presence. His dark and unworthy presence. He told himself he wasn't good enough. I don't deserve him. Then, as if someone had flushed ice water trough his veins, Theo stepped backwards and immediately dismissed the moment, covering it with a plastic smile. "You want coffee now-"

Liam was confused by the change of pace, he wondered if he had done something. Not the he wanted to stay like that anyway, in that...position. "Umm yeah coffee sounds good." He perked up.  "One of the good things about being a werewolf actually, right? Heh? Cause you know- normally the caffeine wakes you up by fooling adenosine receptors-and speeding activity up-but since we're werewolves it doesn't work like that so we don't get the same affects and all and—" Liam was stopped short of his breathless rant when Theo placed the cup of coffee in his hands.

"Intriguing Liam, you know your food and beverages, I do recall you saying something about.. what was it" He teased, "you said something like-being more interested in the flavor of food, than proper etiquette?-"

The beta humphed in irritation/embarrassment and tried to change the subject from the pretentious boy.

"You know caffeine actually used to make me sick." Liam said has he followed the nodding Theo to the couch.

"Ah- What else should I know about you Liam?"

The two boys spent the rest of the evening exchanging stories of their life, well mostly Liam. Theo was much less apt to share and often kept his tales short. At some point blankets were added to the couch, and they were watching rounds of movies. Much to Liam's dismay, Theo had convinced the littler one that they should watch a horror movie. This led to Liam hiding in the safety of the bigger wolf's arms. Apparently the exorcism scene in "The Conjuring" had made him reach his breaking point. At first Theo was shocked and held his hands out in confusion—his heart thumping wildly at the sudden contact—but then he chuckled and wrapped his own arms around the beta, enjoying the the sweet, smell of the cinnamon coffee on his breath mixing with the beta's own vanilla like scent. It was the perfect blent of bitter and sweet. It sent a warm shiver through Theo. Warmth was something Theo craved constantly in his life, after so much relentless cold...Theo shook his head and swept his hand through that fluffy hair he loved so much. He'd think about that another time. And for the rest of the night neither of them tried to move, even when the "The Conjuring" turned into "50 first dates" a gentle romantic comedy.

"So you expect me to believe she just accepts her fate every morning she wakes up?! Liam how do you like this movie?" Theo was exasperated with this. But his  voice turned soft when he didn't receive a reply. "Liam?" he asked in a quiet soft manner. The beta was fast asleep in his arms. Theo smiled to himself, wiping a bit of drool off Liam's face. There was even a small wet spot on his shirt now. He really was like a puppy... Theo fell asleep with his hand soothingly brushing Liam's hair, twirling through the knots, and wondering if perhaps this relationship could turn into something more than he had hoped.