Chapter 7: Buried in his arms

Truth was, Theo could smell the boy lingering on the beta. It was taking everything he had to not stomp off and attack this Jesse, but Theo did not want to take action without the beta's consent. He wanted Liam to trust him, to ultimately prove to himself, that he was trustworthy. Theo had decided long ago he would not condone, nor repeat the actions of his family.

"Liam please, I can help." Theo was desperate, yet trying to be as soothing as he could be.

The beta looked away. "I-well I-Could we just get out of here?" Now Liam had desperation lurking in the depth of his deep blue eyes. "Let's go somewhere, anywhere, just us."

Theo paused, considering then nodded, "Yeah, of course we can." Perhaps he could get him to open up on their excursion, pulling Liam by the arm he attempted to lighten the mood with a playful tone, "Well then. Where would my werepuppy like to go?"

Liam smiled fondly, as much as he tried to deny it, that nickname sent a warmth through his chest. "I thought I already specified." Liam mirrored the playful mood and began walking to the exit, Theo calling close behind him,

"And where might that be?."

The werepuppy turned his head latching his gaze confidently onto the other wolf's, "Anywhere."

——

The two went out for a second breakfast, attempting to drown their worries in syrup. Liam had a chipper attitude, but through Theo's observant gaze, he saw the plasticity, the mask. It bothered him that the beta felt the need to hold a front in front of him—but Theo also saw genuine glee seep through from time to time, giving Theo a similar emotion.

——

"Where now?" Liam yawned from the passenger's seat of Theo's blue truck, he was enjoying the distractions Theo was conjuring, and wanted to see what was going to top go carts.

Noting the way Liam's pink tongue curled as his mouth gaped, he smiled, this kid even yawned like a puppy. Adorable.

"A quiet place."

The beta jerked his head so fast, his eyes widening showing there full orb-like shape. "The HORROR movie?!"

Theo chuckled as he recognized his mistake. "Nah-nah no worries werepup, I don't mean the movie. I mean a place. I like. that's quiet." Theo exaggerated his sentences, earning an eyeroll from the beta.

The pair drove for a little while Liam was, as usual, fumbling with the station—he was committed to not having to hear a single commercial—. "Theo how much farther? I'm starting to think your going to bury me out in the woods."

"Well you got half right." Theo tipped his head in recognition, not taking his eyes off the road.

"YOU'RE GOING TO BURY ME?" The beta stared in shock at the older boy.

"Oh pup, no we're going to the woods—unless—you'd like me to bury you?"

"yeah no haha- Unless it's into you're arms...hehehe." he snickered at his joke.

"That can be arranged." Theo teased the boy, lifting his eyebrow in question, "In fact, you can count on it."

Liam blushed profusely at the wolf's confidence, playing with his shirt with nervous anticipation, he seemed to often have this around Theo. But it was different from the kind of nervous he usually had...he almost..looked forward to this kind.

After announcing that they were here, Theo led the way to his mysterious quiet place. Liam was taken aback by the vibrant greenery that sculpted the area, the woods were completely encompassed in seemingly endless vines, with scattered flowers blooming wildly. Following Theo the suspense was growing indubitably, and the impatient beta was about to complain when he was interrupted by the sound of a waterfall?...

"Is that?" He inquired to a now smirking wolf. Theo only nodded an continued on, and when Liam didn't move he grabbed his soft hand and pulled him along with him. Moments later a stream of water cascaded down a rocky cliff into deep watered pool.

"Oh wow, that's stunning. How'd you ever find this place! How it not stuffed with people right now!"

"Well, it's a bit difficult to climb out of if you don't, ya know, have superhuman strength. Also the cliff is a bit daunting." Tilting his head Theo studied the small boy, he could tell he was getting bit nervous, likely due to the height.

"Yeah, um it is...high."

"Come on it'll be fine, here we'll go together." With that Theo pulled off his shirt and pants, leaving him in boxers. Liam followed suit, trying not to stare at Theo's absolutely perfect body...wait what no...He flicked his thoughts away and looked tentatively to the water.

"I don't know Theo..it's a bit—" Before the beta could finish his thought he was scooped up into the other's arms and falling through the air. Liam screamed. A bit. Theo laughed. A bit. And the two made a resounding crash. Submerged in the blue, the two paddled themselves to the surface, gasping for air inches away from each other. For a moment or two they just stared at each other, watching the way their eyelashes clumped from the water, and the way their hair matted into points, dripping down each of their sculpted faces. Theo noted the way the beta's eyes seemed to mirror the movement of the water as they sparkled in excitement. Then they laughed.

"Wasnt as bad as you thought right?" The older boy teased, tilting his head once again, as they stared dreamily into each other's eyes. Both their hearts seemed to echo the gentle splash of the water. Starting to get nervous from the direct attention, Liam smiled and swam over to the side, hoisting himself on one of the rocks sticking out in the water. Scratching his head awkwardly, Liam was suddenly feeling self conscious that they were both shirtless. Why should it matter, I've been like this in front of Scott thousands of times.

Theo swam over chuckling, "By the way I noticed you were doing the doggy paddle..."

"Oh stop!" Liam responded playfully, rolling his eyes attempting to push Theo, except--he pushed a little too hard--and slipped off the rock splashing directly into Theo's arms.

"Oof! Oh sorry Theo—" Liam went to pull back, put Theo held a tight grip on his waist. He could feel the muscles on Theo's stomach pressed up against his own. Their body heat created a warmth in the icy water...

"Liam.." Theo whispered the beta's name gently, achingly, his words seemed needy as he pushed a strand of Liam's chestnut locks behind his ear.

Then it happened. It seemed so natural, neither knew who leaned in first, but their lips collided first with tentative worry, softy brushing up against each other, then they paused for a moment, laughing in relief that the other had responded.

"Theo I—" But before Liam could finish his sentence, the older wolf had grabbed Liam's head and pressed his mouth straight up against the other's. Theo's hands seemed to work magic as they moved down to Liam's neck, and then began caressing his shoulders.  The water gently swayed around them as their bodies moved like a current, in and out, in and out, skin pressing tightly against into each other. Theo searched the other boy's mouth hungrily, and the beta clutched his hands onto Theo's back as he did so. His claws started to scratch the wolf's skin as he pulled himself deeper. The tension had been building for so long...the relief was immense.

After the pair dedicated a decent amount of time to eachother's mouths, Theo decided the beta's cheeks couldn't get any pinker and let him catch his breath. They both looked at eachother's reddened lips, Theo's was even bleeding a bit, and smiled in satisfaction.

"That was—" Liam began.

"Amazing." Theo finished pulling the beta into his arms, whispering in his ear, "Oh and that was close, I almost forgot to bury you in my arms."

A/N Eeeeh! I hope you like it that was my first time writing a um-kiss scene- so I hope it read well! Until next Chapter!