Chapter 10: Arising Tension

A/N ^^thats how I imagine Theo's bedroom.

Theo woke to the smell of sweet cinnamon, he breathed in the warm scent, opening his eyes to realize it was Liam's hair. It was spilling like soft waves of chestnut over the beta's face, Theo smiled. The boy was curled up against his stomach. His head in the crook of Theo's neck, and forearms pressed right against the older wolf's chest.

Entranced by blissful joy, Theo almost didn't notice the foul scent that was beginning to close in in the distance. Scowling in both fear and anger, at the realization of approaching danger, Theo jumped out of bed, regretfully leaving the soundly sleeping boy, who's arms now lay limply across the comforter, seemingly aching for the warm body they once rested on. Now preoccupied by his raging disbelief, Theo stormed out of the apartment. There was no way? It couldn't be him. He's supposed to be dead.

The moment The's bare foot stepped upon the cracked asphalt in front of his home, a fellow boy slipped out of the shadows. With jet black hair that matched his eyes, and soul, the boy walked with confidence, a smug grin masking his true emotions.

"Theo, it's been too long." He approached him with open arms, and when Theo scowled, he feigned disappointment, dropping his bottom lip.

"Oh please, don't be that way, I always treat my clientele well, and in response they do the same." His tone then changed, as his eyes danced in evil glee. His words dripping like poisoned honey. "Your parents always did..."

Theo's claws began to threaten beneath his nails as he managed the words, "What are you doing here Jacob. Why aren't you ten feet under."

Jacob's brows contorted in amusement, "Oh you believed that lie? Huh. No, I never died, I have too much unfinished business, and you, my dear, would make a perfect accomplice."

Theo stopped holding back, He let his fangs rip from his mouth, his eyes flash in a reflective yellow, and charged at the man who was the source of so much of his pain. But he was met with unexpected resistance. His confused yellow eyes looked up to meet a pair colored just as his own, and when Jacob smiled, Theo saw he had his own set of fangs. Stepping back in horror, Theo asked the question he didn't want to know the answer too. "The doctors are still experimenting?"

Smiling once again, Jacob lifted his hand to cover his chucking mouth. Theo imagined tearing those cursed lips to shreds.

"Oh dear, no, they never stopped Theo. You may have been their Golden boy at the time but, they've made—" Jacob flashed his eyes once more. "improvements."

Theo was about to punch the boy when Jacob shook his hands in retreat, "No no, don't get the wrong idea, I'm not here to fight, and I won't force you into anything. As I'm certain you'll come around. You always did."

What the hell did that mean. Theo thought as watched Jacob slither his snake like body back into the shadows, but just when he thought he was finally gone. He heard a whisper in the wind,

"Oh, and by the way, your new boy-toy is adorable..I wonder if his lips are as soft as yours.."

This time Theo's eyes flashed in pure fear, sprinting like never before, the werewolf arrived back in his bedroom to stare relieved at the still sleeping beta. He mentally cursed at himself. He knew he shouldn't have gotten involved with Liam. Now the poor boy was caught up in his mess. Damnit. DAMNIT! Theo absentmindedly kicked the wall in need of release. Startling the beta out of his dreams.

His voice cracked. "Theo? Is everything okay?"

The wolf turned to the beta. He was sitting up on his knees, his hair flopped sweetly in every direction, and his arms draped limply by his sides. Without thinking Theo ran to him and pulled him into a tight hug. For a moment, Liam didn't move, surprised by the sudden show of desperate affection, but soon returned the embrace.

"You trust me Liam, right?" There was need in his voice, and fear, Liam could both hear and feel it.

Liam nodded and brought his hand to the back of Theo's head in reassurance, his hair was soft, Liam thought, as he wondered what on earth could have brought upon this change in mood. That mood seemed to stay with Theo as they made their way to school. And spiked intensely in first block Chemistry, as the class watched a new student walk into the room.

A tall boy with jet black hair pranced into the lab room, a studious smile plastered to his face, he greeted the teacher with mild pleasantries and she assigned him a seat, in front of Liam. Theo scowled, feeling the nervous tension rise from him, Liam turned to look confusedly at Theo across the room. Before he could mouth to Theo what in heavens his deal was, a chipper voice held out his hand to him.

"Hey I'm Jacob."

Liam turned to meet the boy's hand, "Hi imma Liam." He returned with an equally generous smile. "Let me know if you need anything, like you know where room 506 is-or" Liam pattered off. Jacob chuckled.

"Well I might just take you up on your offer."

"Mhmh yeah sure Jacen. OH-JACOB. Sorry heh heh." Liam scratched his neck awkwardly at his mistake. He could feel Theo's eyes burning on his skin furiously as he did so.

But Jacob only grinned, apparently oblivious to the obvious tension. He then flicked his finger on Liam's button nose. "You're adorable."

Blushing uncomfortably, Liam looked down and scrambled to do his work. As soon as the bell rang, Jacob turned to say something to the beta, but before he could do so, Theo was on Liam, pulling him out the door by his arm.

"Hey, Hey Theo. What are you doing??" He whispered to the older boy, when Theo finally let go as they entered the hallway.

"Nothing, here I'll bring you to your next class."

"What? No that's fine-you don't have-"

"I want to. Oh. and don't hang around that Jacob kid. He's bad news." Theo had a fire in his eyes.

Liam scrunched his brows. "And why is that, he seemed really nice to me." The beta was starting to get fed up with this unexplained anger, and when Theo brushed him off with an unclear answer, he decided to stand his ground.

"Well I already told him I'd show him around—so either tell me why or I'm not gonna listen." Crossing his arms, the boy attempted intimidation.

A teacher snapped at them to get to class, but when Theo failed to give the beta a response, he walked off to his class. Leaving a conflicted wolf to stand alone in the hallways.

Theo's chest screamed at him to chase after the beta, explain things. He couldn't let Jacob get to Liam, but, he also couldn't tell Liam about..his past. He would leave me. Like everyone else.

A/N Don Don Don! Tension! Also psst: don't worry Theo and Liam will make up. After some drama. <3