Chapter 11: Lost Boy

Liam meandered the hallways as he scurried to class. He was muttering something about Theo when he walked into a stiff...body? Immediately upon contact Liam's body tensed, his face was directly pressed into someone's chest, but before he could back away, the person gripped his shoulders. Liam looked up. It was Jacob.

The beta smiled awkwardly and tried to pull away, "Sorry—I wasn't looking—"

But Jacob wouldn't budge his grip. "Oh Liam it's you, perfect do you think you could show me to English class-Ms.Barter's I believe?" he asked sweetly, juxtaposing his tightening grip. It was starting to cause Liam to panic. He's never been quite keen on being touched by people after the incident.... Except for him, for Theo. It came to Liam in an epiphany. Theo's touch didn't bother me. It even took me awhile to get used to Scott hugging me, yet I slept in Theo's arms without a worry...

"Whatcha got on your mind there Liam?" Jacob's hand tilted up the boy's chin. Liam flinched, immediately swept out of his heartening realization.

"Let go!" He finally shoved himself off of the black haired boy, rubbing his chin vigorously.

Jacob put his hands up in defense, feigning regret. "Sorry my bad, Liam, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Jacob's eye's mimicked that of a doe as he backed away.

Liam rubbed his face trying to resettle himself, he would think about Theo later. Figure out whatever this -new realization- meant. "Jacob—" Liam saw the boy cowering by the wall, conveying a completely different vibe than the one moments ago. Maybe he was just trying to be friendly? But didn't know how? Liam decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, trying to shake of his nerves from the interaction, blaming the weirdness on himself for being oversensitive.

"It's alright don't worry about it. Ms. Barter you said? Here, that's my next class too." Liam waved the boy over, who immediately picked up a smile, smirking venomously when Liam turned away.

After being reprimanded by the teacher fro being late (Liam got lost on the way) the two scurried to the last two empty seats.

"Oh and boys," the teacher stopped them. "I'll see you after school for some bookcase rearranging." She smiled wickedly.

"But I have lacrosse—" Liam started.

"Well then perhaps you should've thought of that before coming to class 30 minutes late."

Scowling, Liam cursed under his breath. Jacob looked...pleased? There's something, a bit off-putting about him...or I guess he just likes to clean?

——

The day passed quickly, Liam didn't have any other classes with Jacob, and was looking for Theo all day to apologize...but couldn't find him despite his efforts. Reaching into his pocket for the rectangular device, he felt a hand placed on his shoulder. Jacob.

"Hey Liam lets get this cleaning done." His fingers lingered around Liam's collarbone.

The beta shivered, forced a smile, and followed Jacob. Ok, he's doing it again, maybe Theo was right.... Liam shook his head. I'm just oversensitive. I'm just oversensitive. It won't take long, just an hour, and then zoop I'll find Theo.

"You just gonna stand there Liam?" Jacob rested his chin on a mop, wiggling his blackened brows at the boy. Liam swallowed his nerves. I'm just oversensitive. "Here want a mint?" He pulled two mints out of his pocket, popping one into his own mouth.

"Uhhh yeh sure." Liam shrugged taking the other and then proceeded to pick up dome fallen books.

The mint dissolved on his tongue fairly quickly, it tasted a bit sour, Jacob was being quiet,

despite his earlier 'peppy' interactions. This let Liam's mind roam to think of Theo. God. He really was falling for him. Everything about him, his smell, his eyes, his presence. A warm woodsy musk, hidden beneath eyes that swam like crystal blue rivers. Liam chuckled to himself, I should just make a poem about this boy.

A little while later Liam checked the time it had been an hour, he shot  a  text to Theo.

Liam: Hey Theo, I could you pick me up? Also, I'm sorry, you were right Jacob does seem a bit...off.

Theo🐺: Heh. Well Im ALWAYS right aren't I?

Liam: typing...

The beta turned to the other boy to suggest them being finished, when suddenly his knees felt to the floor. It felt like the wind had stolen all the oxygen from him, while slowly his blood froze over. Gasping for air Liam turned his gaze up to a sorry, yet unsurprised Jacob.

Liam's vision blurred, and consciousness faded as he hurts the words, "Sorry Liam."

——

Theo stood staring at his phone.. "Typing.. typing.." He was growing frustrated.

Were🐶: Typing...

Theo: Liam you there?

Theo: Hello?

Theo: Seriously. Imma pull out the nicknames.

Theo: Werepuppy.

Theo: If your trying to get me to meme. It's not gonna work. I'm serious NO😤.

Scratching his head, Theo drove over to the school. His blue truck now hummed in the school parking lot. Students littered about. Turning to the field Theo saw the lacrosse players still out and practicing. He scoffed. Was this his way of trying to show off, by making me watch him practice? Well, I gotta admit, he does look good in that uniform....

Meandering over, Theo searched the field for number 9. Come on... wheres that fluffy haired puppy? Theo scrunched his brows. Liam was always easy for him to find. HE didn't even have to use his wolf senses. Closing his eyes, Theo searched with his sense of smell for the scent of vanilla cinnamon. it wasn't on the lacrosse field...it was in the school..Confused Theo followed it. To find himself in the Ms. Barter's storage room. It was filled with the lingering scent of Liam...and Jacob. Fury erupted from within him. What. did. he. do. to. LIAM!

—-

Liam's head bobbed gently in sync with a gentle humming, his body felt sore and uncomfortable as his eyelids fluttered open. He found himself chained in the back seat of a van. His eyes shot to the driver, Jacob.

"Jacob!" Liam shook the chains but they wouldn't budge. "Explain this."

"Ah you woke up early, guess you really are a tuff little one. Despite your size and all." Liam shook the chains again, but was only met with a tang of pain as the metal tug into his skin. He gave up for now, resting his head on the suede cushions of the van.

"So you drugged me huh? What was it wolfsbane? I'm gonna guess you know about the supernatural since a normal drug wouldn't have affected me."

"MMm adept too. I like you Liam, maybe I'll keep you around."

Liam snarled. He had to get out of this.