Chapter 9: Crystal droplets, and baby blue

Theo was just supposed to pick up Liam from practice, and  he tried to remember Liam's words, 'not to get confront Jesse', but as the wolf stood there watching that cocky headed blond mass of idocracy, all he wanted to to was snap his neck. .......   And bury him in the woods.   ..........   But those baby blue eyes kept circling back to his mind. Those, beautiful, powder blue eyes....Theo's heart swooned in memory of Liam's almond shaped eyes. They looked beautiful to him, he just wanted to kiss away every tear that fell from the corner of them, his lips tickling the long dark lashes... Theo cursed. Those damn eyes.

Then, Theo's own set of sparkly orbs snapped back to the blond mass. He had told Liam that he was just going to grab something in the school while Liam waited outside, and he really was, but as he saw Jesse's plastic posse leaving him open for confrontation, Theo couldn't stop himself. He was strolling up to him in a maddened frenzy, and now inches away, the cocky boy turned, a smirk drooping from his sullied lips.

"Woah Big Guy—" He was stopped short of his insult by Theo's hand, which had grabbed the collar of his shirt, and pinned him against the wall. Theo brought his face in close proximity, so that his deep voice was booming in the now annoyed boy's ear.

"Stay. Away. From. Liam."

"Oh ho. Or else what? Is he your boy now. Just like he was mine?" Jesse spat the words out in a cruel snarl.

Theo didn't plan on hurting Jesse, curtesy of Liam's request, but the words he just spat sent him in to a reddened frenzy. His fist met the face of the other. Then he backed away, letting Jesse crumple to the floor, just as Jesse had done to Liam the day previous. "Don't you dare claim him, his isn't something to be owned, Liam was nothing but kind to you, you worthless trash, you don't deserve him...and neither to I." Theo had whispered the last bit, so Jesse didn't hear it.

"What the hell?" The boy wiped the blood from his lips, standing up. "And who are you to act all high and mighty, Raeken. Don't try and tell me you have nothing but good intentions."

Theo snapped back at the boy, "What are you talking about, I would never hurt him."

"Hurt him no, tsk tsk." Jesse was playing with him, and Theo knew it, but he was helpless against it. What did this boy know?  "Well, maybe not physically, but I know your family has a habit of leaving people behind.---Shaking them dry, taking everything, and leaving nothing."

Theo was enraged, how did Jesse know anything about his family? He had buried that evidence long ago. Theo could barely contain his rage, well actually he could minimally contain his rage, so when he punched Jesse, it didn't kill him...just knocked him out...but right before he did so, he whispered through gritted teeth. "Don't you dare talk like you know me. Oh—and outside of practice? I better not catch you within a five foot radius of Liam." With that the blond mop of hair flicked out light a light. Theo's knuckles sending him out of consiousness.

——

Liam was sitting outside on the bench when he saw, well first he felt, the presence of Theo, his seething anger was so strong it was almost contagious, and when the beta turned to see Theo walking out the door of the boy's locker room, he was fearful to see red dripping from his clenched fist.

"Theo!" Liam ran over to the boy, leaving his scattered paperwork to blow away in the wind.
"Theo, What happened? Theo talk. now." Liam shook his shoulders, when he caught a scent he recognized. "Jesse. Why do you smell like Jesse!"

Theo looked away and talked through clenched teeth. "He was asking for it."

"Theo..." Liam was conflicted with anger and worry. He wished that Theo hadn't gotten involved, but he mostly just didn't want him caught up in the mess. "Where is he."