Smart (Lucas Wolenczak)

*things in SeaQuest are changed for this so don't come at me saying, "THATS WRONG!"
~~💙

I recently got accepted to work on the SeaQuest with the need of my intelligence and knowledge with computers etc . Today was the day i was switching gears, moving in and getting to meet everyone.

I was excited but nervous at the same time. I stood by the entrance with my 2 suitcases. I was about to knock but instead the door opened on its own. I mentally facepalmed myself knowing that this was a technical establishment. I slowly walked in revealing everyone on computers and doing things I was familiar with, not acknowledging my entry, which I didn't mind I'm not an attention seeker.

"Ah, Y/n!" I hear from a distance, I look around to see Captain Bridger with a smile on his face walking towards me.

"Captain." I smile and salute him. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"No need for that, you're only a teen once, I don't want you acting like an adult yet." I nod my head understandingly.

"I'm glad to have you on board, it's not everyday that we get to have people as young as you on here." He says patting my shoulder. I smile and look around. Middle age and old people... just my liking....

"Umm no offense Captain but, am I the only...young person aboard?" I ask.

"No offense taken, we actually have a b-"

"Captain!" I hear and see a boy fairly my age jogging toward. In my head all i can think is how a boy can be that good looking.

"We have to d -" The guy starts saying then stops and looks at me. He had beautiful blue eyes and amazing hair. My stomach starts to churn as we stare at each other.

"H-Hi." He says facing directly at me, still having his mouth agape, making me feel a little insecure but I don't show it. I smile and put my hand out.

"Hey, I'm-"

"Pretty, I know." The boy interrupts and takes my hand and shakes it slowly but stops as he sees the Captains expression. The boy nervously chuckles and turns towards me again.

"I-I'm sorry, my names Lucas." He says, shaking my hand softly and letting go putting his hands in his pockets. I nod my head and look down.

"This is Y/N L/N, very intelligent and good with the engineering field. She won't fall for your tricks, kid." Captain Bridger says taking one of my suitcases and handing it to Lucas.

"She is also staying with you-" He starts.
Oh shit. I've never roomed with a guy.
Lucas suddenly lets out a cough and his eyes widen a bit but quickly stops his reaction.
My face starts heating up, praying it wasn't noticeable to see.

"Um O-Okay." Lucas nods and looks at me and gives me a polite smile.

"Follow me." He says and he starts to walk. Captain Bridger grabs his shoulder and turns him around and gives him a stern look.

"Don't.Do.Anything. I'm trusting you, kid." Captain says and lets go. Lucas nods trying to hide his blush. He glances at me again and we walk side by side.

I looked around as we walked to the destination. I caught him glancing at me a few times but I brushed it off.

"So, um how old are you?" He asks. I laugh at his question and so does he.

"Why do I look that old?" I ask as his eyes widen.

"No! Definitely not. I-I was just w-"

"I was joking." I cut him off laughing.