Chapter 6

Chapter 6

You were walking around London again, back in your old ways. But this time, you're not alone. By your side, holding your hand, in black leather pants and a loose maroon shirt, is Roger. It's been a month since the first time you kissed.

And it's been exciting, so far. You're both still fascinated by each other, that phase in a relationship where the other person says something funny or smart and you just think F uck, I can't believe I found you. There's a world full of people and we managed to meet because everything is still so intense. It wouldn't be correct to say that you were both seeing each other through rose colored glasses; no, your glasses oversaturated everything. Your cute moments were really cute, but your rough, sexual moments were the rougher you've ever had.

You thought to yourself months ago that Roger would be good in bed; it was, in fact, one of the first things you thought about him. And you were right. But he also had a soft, domestic side you didn't really expected, but enjoyed. You could be riding him, his hand bruising your buttcheeks as he slapped your ass, your voice raspy as you moaned his name, at 9pm, and at 10 you'd both be on his living room, the TV turned on, you finishing a book for class, drinking a cup of tea he made you, trying to convince you to have it with milk "as british people would", and he'd be with his head on your lap, half asleep, his eyes staring at the TV as you ran your fingers through his hair.

Now you were both on your way to an empty classroom in Imperial College. Roger invited you to watch Queen rehearse, and you were excited. You were seeing each other nearly every day, and you spent time together even when doing everyday stuff; you'd even spent some afternoons on his stall in Kensington, trying to finish a paper as you both talked about your childhoods, your first times, what music he was listening to. You'd stop when a customer got in, and if it was a woman, she would usually hit on him, and you'd wink at him when he looked at you, trying to see if you were annoyed or jealous.

But you weren't - it was almost something that made you proud, because you were once another customer flirting with him, but it was you that he would fuck later that night, and it was you he called when he felt stressed after a bad writing session with the band, his voice tense as he asked you to talk about your day or which songs were playing in your prom, anything that could distract him.

You didn't officialize your relationship, there was no binding, no promise of exclusivity, but you were spending so much time together that you doubted he was seeing anyone else. But him taking you to a rehearsal made you wonder if he planned to make it more serious. The rehearsals were one of the only moments you didn't spend together.

You were both at his couch, him only in his boxers, you wearing just panties and one of his button ups, sharing a cigarette and watching Doctor Who, when he told you about the rehearsal the next day. "Sure", you said, thinking he was subtly telling you that he wouldn't be able to see you the next afternoon. "Do you want to come? I know it's not a show, so I understand if you want to skip. But I think we've been sounding really good; we have this new bass player, and he's the best we've had so far-" and he continued to talk about how you could actually enjoy the rehearsal, and you realised he was rambling. He was nervous, for some reason. You thought that maybe this was a big step for him.

"Of course I'll go. I've been dreaming about you banging those drums for months, you know. That's my chance", you said, and you could see his shoulders relaxing. "Good. I hope I give you some more material for when you're alone", he said, and grabbed the cigarette from your fingers.

"I don't know why you like this. It used to be better a few years ago, when the Doctor travelled around galaxies and stuff. Now he's stuck on Earth", he complained, and stretched his legs over the coffee table. "I like the way he speaks. I think it's pretty soothing. And I like his companion, Jo Grant. She looks cool", you said, leaning onto his shoulder.