Angin

Fluttering her tired eyes open, she reached out to the familiar figure beside her, only to be disappointed by its absence. 

Looking sleepily at the white ceiling, she was welcomed again by darkness. 

Angin smiled contently at his wife's peaceful expression. He just went downstairs to drink a glass of water and came back after he did. Leaning on the doorway, quietly observing his wife's sleeping position, he sighed, "Looks like I can't do it."

He walked near the bed they shared with a smile and slumped his body on it. Watching her curled body, he pulled her close to his warmth. Patting her head while humming a familiar lullaby, he ran his fingers to her wavy locks. It's always been nice to finally see her wavy hair without her usual pink hijab. 

He landed his hands on her waist and patted it silently as he sang, "Sleep well, my darling. I'll watch your back and your timeless beauty until it calms me. I hope when we open our eyes, our love will always grow stronger as we kiss and face the odds ahead of us. I love you, my darling. I love you..." He smiled silently, watching her smiling on her sleep, "My Yaya..."

Humming again, he absentmindedly twirled her wavy brown hair on his pointer finger. Suddenly, he blushed when he realized that Yaya's brown conscious eyes were staring at him. He greeted, "G-Good morning, Yaya!"

She gave him a smile and hummed a reply, nuzzling on his cold nose. "I'm tired. Really tired."

Angin chuckled, "I can see it in your eyes. But don't worry. I just want to spend time with you, okay."

Hearing that, Yaya's sleepily eyes shined with temporary liveliness, "Thank you, Angin."

"Let's just spend the day together, hmm?"

She nodded and hugged him to which made Angin get a chance to twirl and pat her hair again. "Just rest. But in one condition,"

Hearing that word made her stop. Not again. She heard him say, "I love your hair. I might be annoying you though. Heheh,"

"Nothing more?" She asked, doubtful if he was joking. 

He nodded, "Nothing more. Just let me play with your hair please darling?"

Yaya nuzzles close  to his chest as she nodded. "Thanks for being considerate."

He patted her head, "It's just for today, Yaya. When I come back, I want us to do it while we are baking your cookies. We'll be making a lot of mess, okay?" He felt her digging her fingers on his arms in embarrassment. He continued, "For now just rest and let me play with your hair."

She muffled a question, "Why do you like my hair that much, Angin?"

She felt him twirling another wavy locks of her hair, "It suits you so much, my darling. I wonder what would you look like when you tie it up in a ponytail? Or in a bun? How about a half ponytail?"

"I don't even know,"

"Hey." He searched for her attention, "Can you stand a little?"

"Let me guess," Yaya started to smile, "You're gonna style my hair with those in your head, right?"

Angin pulled her up, "Of course!" He went to their bedside table and opened a few drawers and grabbed a comb and several big and small hairbands, waving it on the air, "Let's start!"

He started combing some of her tangling hair gently and pulled them up for a ponytail which he tied it with a pink fluffy hairband. When he saw her shyly looking down, it was his turn to blush. Oh my god. She looks so. Oh my god. 

"H-How do I look?" 

"Y-You... Like a beautiful shy flower on a spring day." He stared at her, forgetting how to blink. Looking at his expression, she was blushing harder this time.