Three

Faye's Pov:

A week has passed since the wedding took place. There has been no word from Harry, Ron, or Hermione, but we all know what their mission is and how dangerous it would be for them to contact us. I just want to know that they're safe... It would be good to have some type of conformation.

The same goes for Dawn. She left for Hogwarts a few days ago and George is worried sick about her. No matter how many times I assure him that she will be safe, I can't help but worry as well. She's my best friend and one of the most important people in my life. If anything happened to her I don't know what I would do. I'm just so thankful that I have Fred with me so we can protect each other.

I huffed as I put yet another box in the storage room for the joke shop. We decided to shut down the business for a while until the war ends. That also seems to be the case with many other stores in diagon alley. Why keep a store running when at any second a pack of death eaters could storm in?

We also have bigger plans for ourselves in the coming months. Lee will be joining Me, Fred, and George in a radio broadcast called "Potterwatch". Fred insists that we go into hiding, even though I think that's completely ridiculous. I mean, I'm sure the death eaters have more important things to worry about than some teenagers broadcasting on a hidden radio station. I had no reason to fight him though. Ever since what happened at the wedding, Fred has been extremely overprotective of me, and ever since he told me I was wanted by the death eaters I've been extremely cautious. I just hope Fred lightens up a little and gives me some room to breathe.

I continued to pack up the boxes in the storage room, thinking about everything going on in our lives, as someone walked in and wrapped their arms around my waist from behind me. I sighed, wrapping my arms around his and leaning into his chest.

"Are you ok?" He whispered to me. I closed my eyes and shook my head, a feeling of guilt washing over me.

"I feel like I'm doing everything wrong" I felt my throat tighten, but I refused to cry. He took his arms away and I suddenly felt cold. I turned to face him and he grabbed both my hands, looking into my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" he gave me a worried look.

"I don't understand why I'm here while Harry is out there fighting the war! I don't understand why you want me here when I'll do nothing but put you in danger! I don't understand anything anymore" I began to feel choked up, looking down at my feet.

"Faye, having you and Harry together in the same place makes it so much easier for them to find you. This is Harry's fight, not yours" He shook his head and I looked back up at him.

"It shouldn't just be Harry's war! It should be everyone's!" I exclaimed, stealing my hands away from him and leaving the room. I heard Fred sigh and follow me back into the very empty looking joke shop.

"You know that's not what I meant. I'm just saying Harry has to handle Vol-" Fred paused, not afraid of the name but knowing it might be used as a tracker for rebels. "- 'You-know-who' on his own. He was chosen for that. Our job is to fight this war behind the scenes, build up the forces, offer hope" he finished his little speech. I sighed, knowing he was right.

"I just feel like I have no purpose but putting people in danger. I know that I'm being used as a weapon... She hasn't tried to control me in a long time but that doesn't mean she won't any time soon"

"Look, we're just going to focus on keeping you safe for right now, ok? I won't let her hurt you" he shook his head, and I started to get frustrated.

"You don't understand! You can't protect me from her! I can't even protect myself! We know nothing about how any of this works. I can use legitimacy to keep her out but not all the time. If she wants to kill me I wish she would just do it already!" I exclaimed, but I instantly regretted it once I saw Fred's reaction.