Six

Faye's POV:

Fred and I have completely prepared for our trip to France and plan to leave tomorrow. I'm so excited to finally be doing something productive rather than sitting inside all day being guarded by Fred, George, and Lee. They all have their potterwatch thing. What is my contribution to the war? I have to do something.

Tonight we all decided to have one final night hanging out together before Fred and I leave. I feel terrible separating the twins. I told Fred he didn't have to come with me but he insisted that that was out of the question so I decided not to argue. I can tell that being separated is going to be hard for them, even if its only for a little while.

"So Faye, how exactly are you two getting to France? You seem to have left out that small detail" George commented sarcastically as we ate our dinner. We are currently staying at a different bed and breakfast for the night in order to keep ourselves safe and not be tracked somehow through the potterwatch broadcasts.

"That's for me to know, and for Fred to find out" I smirked, watching as Fred rolled his eyes at me. I know he trusts me, that's why he's not pestering me for an answer.

"Well Fred, it was nice knowing you" Lee joked and now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Lets just say an old friend of mine is gonna be able to get us there" I shrugged, continuing to eat my food.

"That doesn't sound suspicious at all" Fred mumbled, and I shoved his arm playfully.

"So, what exactly is your plan for when you get there?" George asked. I could tell he's worried. He wouldn't be asking so many questions if he wasn't. Usually he's not like this, but I guess if he's being separated from his brother for the first time he has the right to worry.

"Well, I've done a lot of research on the library and there are theories on where it's located, but obviously none of that information is... concrete" I cleared my throat awkwardly, somewhat embarrassed that my plan has a few holes in it. " I really believe that I will be able to find it though. It says it's guarded by some sort of cloaking charm, making it invisible. However, it has to be somewhere that no one would go. I have some theories that we will just have to try out"

"And if none of them work?" George asked.

"I told you we would be back in under a week, and I'm going to keep that promise. If we aren't back within seven days then something has gone wrong, okay? I'm just being realistic here, not trying to scare anyone. I'm sure everything in France is much safer since the war is mainly taking over britain right now." I reassured him. Everyone went silent for a moment, and the atmosphere was solemn. "Cheer up guys, we will be back in a few days. This is our last night together until we get back and I don't want it to be depressing"

"Well... then let's make a toast, shall we?" George spoke up after a few moments of silence. He stood with his glass in his hand, raising it. We all followed in his tracks, wondering what he was going to say. "To Faye and Fred. May the have safe travels, not die, and may Faye not come home pregnant from this little vacation" He winked. I immediately scoffed, Fred groaned and turned red, and Lee broke out into a fit of laughter.

"I'll toast to that!" Lee choked out in between laughs before he raised his glass a little and took a big gulp. George sipped his drink and sat down.

"You'd think you guys would be a little more respectful seeing as we're about to leave on a dangerous trip to another country" Fred chuckled, now taking a sip of his drink.

"Well, someone's gotta keep spirits light" George shrugged. I shook my head at them all and they looked at me and the glass in my hand. I rolled my eyes, raised my glass, and took a sip. They all cheered and clapped for me, and I couldn't help but giggle.