Twelve

Faye's POV:

Shell Cottage was filled with life today. Everyone was buzzing with excitement over Fred and I's engagement, and today was finally the day. I smiled to myself in the mirror in the bathroom as I brushed my teeth, relishing in the thought of officially joining the Weasley family.  Fleur was especially excited about the engagement. It gave her something to plan and look forward to to keep her mind off everything that was happening with the world and with her family. We planned for Ollivander to marry us on the beach, seeing as back in the day he married quite a few witches and wizards after becoming qualified to do so.

I walked back into my room and looked at the dress laid out on the bed. Bill was keeping Fred busy so we could spend the morning apart before the big moment. The dress was nothing special, but still beautiful. Fleur had it in her closet, but she hasn't worn it since before her and Bill got married. It was made of a soft silk material with a scooped cowl neckline. Two thin straps helf the dress up and the length reached the floor. For someone as beautiful as Fleur this was nothing but a casual dress for an event, but I haven't worn something even close to this extravagant since her and Bill's wedding, and before that the yule ball. I sat on the bed next to the dress in silence.

We tried contacting Molly, Arthur and the other weasleys in order to invite them to the wedding, but it was too risky

We tried contacting Molly, Arthur and the other weasleys in order to invite them to the wedding, but it was too risky. We couldn't give away our location or theirs and all owls were being intercepted. The only form of communication that could possibly help were Fred and I's books, but we had both of them here and there was no way to send it to the weasleys without the package being searched and stolen. I tried getting in contact with Blake again to see if he could get us another portkey but he seems to have gone underground for now. I suppose the events that took place in Paris sent some unwanted attention to his undercover business.

The one person I wish could be here the most was Dawn. It's nice having Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bill, Fleur, George, Lee, and Luna, all of them being some of my best friends, but Dawn is like my sister. I haven't heard from her in so long, and I can only hope that she's staying safe at Hogwarts while surrounded by death eaters.

I thought back to my parents and how they would have loved to see me get married, my mum most of all. My dad wasn't as invested. I always suspected it was because I was a witch and he was a muggle, and once I started attending Hogwarts we couldn't relate to each other anymore. He always acted like a friend rather than a parent. My mum on the other hand fantasized about my wedding for so long. She was a hopeless romantic type. She always wanted to help me pick out my dress and plan the occasion down to the last party favor.

I try to remember her in her best moments. After my father died she lost contact with all her friends in the wizarding world and became horribly depressed. She called me by my middle name, Luna, because my father had picked out the name Faye. She couldn't bear to think of him. She told me that in a perfect world without secrets or lies, my name would have always been Luna. I was meant to be a Luna, but the world took that away from me. I never understood what she meant by that, but as I looked down at the tattoo of a moon on my wrist I couldn't help but feel as if she were with me right now, watching over me and feeling overjoyed as she watched me get ready for one of the biggest days of my life.