Kabanata 15

I'm writing this letter because I don't have the courage to tell this personally. Mom, dad...ever since I've made that wrong decision, my life didn't become the same again. I am so scared of the karma it may bring..I am so hopeless everyday, parang wala nang kapatawaran ang ginawa ko. So I stand up again and had the courage I needed to face him. Days with him felt so surreal. Hindi ko na-imagine ang sarili kong haharap sa kanya. Still, I'm having the fear of getting exposed to him. Pero nawawala ito tuwing mararamdaman kong special na rin ako sa kanya. He's blind. He's still blind and all I wanted for him is to see again. Mom, dad...I know you both love me more than I deserve and I don't think I have loved you both the same because I decided to end my life too. But I've made up my mind, I'm sorry for leaving this early. I'm sorry for ending my life the way I want. I just had to. Para sa kanya, he deserves life more than I deserve. Siguro yung best thing na nangyari sa akin bago ko lisanin ang mundo ay makasama siya hanggang birthday niya. But I can't give a greater present than this. Please remember that I love you both, and I will always watch you wherever I am. Thank you for everything.

To my bff, I honestly don't know where to start. Pakiramdam ko tuloy itatapon ko na naman yung mga sinabi mo, yung bawat paalala mo. I'm sorry, I'm making this decision to set myself free. Alam kong naramdaman mo rin, yes I was so happy being with him. I know myself I'm falling. At babaunin ko yun saan man ako mapunta pagkatapos nito. Did I tell you, I'm so lucky to have you? Did I ever tell you, you've always been my savior? Don't feel bad about this, or sad about this...please, please don't cry over this! I hope you hug mom and dad, after this. And I hope you can watch them also for me although I'll just be here always, hindi niyo nga lang makikita. You're like a sister to me. Unity, you're the best! And I love you so much.

And to you Young Master Dric, you deserve to continue living. That's why I'm giving you mine. I wanted you to remember me always, sa tuwing makikita mo ang ganda ng mundo maaalala mo ako. My eyes is yours too. I will continue being your eyes until I cannot step on the ground anymore. Please, I hope you continue loving yourself too and I hope starting from the next day I'm not next to you anymore, you started seeing the beauty in everything you'll do. I hope you see the goodness in every people you meet. And I never really admitted it to you, but I really once dream of you naming the hotel with my name, and in case you don't know my full name yet, I am Afia Sadella C. Alejandrino. Your one and only Ela. I only wish for your happiness and it seems like you cannot have it again once I decide not to offer you mine. I will always be reminded of how you look like, of who you are, just be happy even if I'm not with you anymore. Just continue living even if I'm not that one person next to you. I care for you, and I think...I already love you more than friends do.

"Paresh no!" There's a loud gun shot. Paglingon ko ay nakahinga naman ako nang maluwag, walang natamaan. They're both helplessly lying on the floor without blood or anything. Agad kinuha ng isang bodyguard ang baril.

"Follow him. Susunod din ako." Aniya. I'm also worried about him. He risks both of their lives. "Okay lang ako." He assured me. Kaya sumakay na rin ako sa ambulance.

Paresh seems fine but I know how tired he is too. Tinapik ko ang balikat niya habang bahagya pa siyang hinihingal sa nangyari. He tried getting the gun away from Dric. He tried saving him, I was too afraid of what might happen next, so what I did is to just close my eyes.

"Follow him. Susunod din ako." Aniya. I'm also worried about him. He risk both of their lives. "Okay lang ako." He assured me. Kaya sumakay na rin ako sa ambulance.

Hawak-hawak ng mga magulang ni Dric ang kamay nito. Rinig na rinig ko rin ang pag-iyak nila, na kahit ako ay hindi ko na rin napigilan.

There were few media outside the emergency room. Sa inis ko ay tinabig ko sila isa-isa. How can they still film almost a death away patient? "Bawal pong mag-video. Pakiusap po." Ani na mismo ng isang bodyguard ng mga Villangco pero pinagpipilitan pa rin nila. They were so eager to film the Villangco's right now. I know they're this influential but they should know how to respect the family too. Napabuntong-hininga na lamang ako. I don't want to argue with them, kasi kahit ako ay pagod na sa mga nangyayari.