(Marlon x reader) Birthday!?pt.1

Most of us don't celebrate our birthday anymore at the school. Back when Ericson was an actual school we did, but since the world went to shit birthdays and pretty much anything relatively enjoyable was put on the back burner. This was about to change for Marlon though...
Yesterday after Aasim and I got back from hunting and we were about to begin our vomit enducing task of skinning the rabbits. Thankfully, Louis interrupted us, as always, after Louis joked a little he eventually pulled me aside, annoying Aasim per usual. Louis looked like he was itching to tell me something, it was probably another shitty, yet enduring joke. "What is it Louis?", I questioned him, crossing my arms. "Guess", Louis leaned forward smiling stupidly. "Ugh, no Louis just tell me please", I was hiding my curiousness behind my agitated exterior. I mean it's not like interesting things really happen everyday at Ericson.
I wondered if the news was about marlon, I used to only see him as a friend before shit hit the fan, but lately I just can't get him out of my mind. We've always talked a lot, lately though it just feels like we've been seeking each other out at all times. Marlon sits with me at meals now, helps me with my chores when he has time, he asks me questions about myself when we all play card games, and he actually gave me a new room when Mitch blew up one of his stupid fucking homemade bombs a little too close to my window, making for some cold nights. It all feels like we're flirting and I wonder if anyone noticed, but I don't wanna tell him my feelings if I'm just being delusional.
"At least guess who it's about, y/n", Louis still had that dopey smile on his face. "Is it about Marlon?", I definitely asked that way too enthusiastically making Louis laugh. "Of course you would want to know if it was about Marlon", Louis teased and I blushed a bit tipping my head down,"he did ask about you to me though...". "No he did not!", it was way too good to be true I've never liked anyone before like how I do marlon,"You better not be joking,Louis". Louis nodded and laughed again,"As unusual as this is I'm not joking y/n. He asked me if you like liked him". I was in shock, still that doesn't mean he feels that way about me though. "Are you gonna say anything y/n, or is your mouth just gonna hang open like for the rest of the day". "Shut up, Louis", I playfully punched his arm,"how do I know you're not lying? And why would you tell me this if marlon is supposedly your best friend", my eyebrows knit together as I became sceptical. "Come on y/n, you really think I would lie to you?", I smirked and nodded. Louis changed the tone of his voice to sound sarcastic,"Wow I really thought I was always a shining pillar of exemplary behavior meant to show everyone at Ericson the proper way to act and I am just so incredibly shocked that you, y/n would think I might ever lie to you. Besides that, its soooo ridiculously obvious marlon likes you, y/n. Like you said I am his best friend, he's practically drooling everytime he see's you. I'm pretty surprised too, Marlon never seemed like one for love, but hey I'll be his wing man because he definitely needs one". I laughed, maybe I should tell him my feelings...
"Well, y/n I should probably get back to my very important piano work". "Yeah because that's definitely work", I giggled as he turned around to walk to stair to the music room."Oh wait Louis weren't you going to tell me something else? What was the thing I was guessing earlier?". "Oh yeah! I forgot. I think its Marlon's birthday tomorrow". "What? How would you know that? I don't even know what month it is", I was at the ultimate height of confusion. I mean I knew the month and day of Marlon's birthday from before when we used to actually acknowledge birthdays and holidays, but I hadn't known the current date since what felt like forever. Louis smirked, "I may or may not have been snooping in Aasim's journal and turns out he writes the month and date down. It's crazy to know the month, but anyway the reason I wanted to tell you is because I want to throw Marlon a birthday party". " I'm in! We haven't had fun like this in so long. His birthday is tomorrow though so we should probably start getting ready,Louis".
This was going to be a birthday to remember for Marlon...