(Marlon x reader) Birthday!?pt.3

Sorry this story is has so many parts and is taking me forever. I'm in a Marlon phase rn, but I think my next story will be about Mitch:))(Final part btw)

         I felt Marlon's shoulder shift beneath me as a strong just of wind hit me.
I opened my eyes and smiled softly as the memory of our kiss came back to me. I slowly lifted my head off of Marlon's. Our feet were still dangling off the lookout post, his jacket still draped around my shoulders.
         "Hey", Marlon smiled weakly at me. I could see the bags forming under his eyes. "Good morning?", I smiled lovingly as I noticed the sun peaking above the horizon. Making me wonder how long I was really asleep.
           "How long was I out?", I wondered outloud. "Not too long, maybe a 5 or 6 hours?", Marlon jokes sarcastically as his hand laid on my thigh. "Sorry", I laughed quickly looking down at his pale hand sitting on my leg. We made eye contact momentarily as I looked up, smiling sheepishly at one another.
         "Well, Brody and Lou have lookout next so, I should probably go wake them up", Marlon pulled away reluctantly and stood up. Extending his hand to me, helping me up. I didn't let go of his hand,           "Marlon, I probably shouldn't tell you this because Louis would kick my ass. But... we were gonna give you a birthday party tomorrow, well I guess today", I gestured to the looming sun...
       Marlon smiled, I could tell it was fake though. "Listen, y/n. I know you and Lou were trying to be nice, but I just feel like it's not the best thing. I know what happened with...soph-", he winced,"you know, it was a long time ago but I just can't - I don't feel right celebrating my birthday after what I di- with what happened to them", he looked down. I had his hand on my bicep and I could feel it shake.
        "Hey look at me,please, I said softly. He hesaintly made eye contact,"It's okay, Marlon I understand. What happened was- it was so hard on everybody, I get not wanting to focus on yourself with everyone still upset". He smiled weakly, "yeah, it just doesn't feel right... but, I wouldn't mind if you and I hung out tonight after dinner", his smile was no longer fake.
           "That sounds like the best way to spend the day to me. Don't worry I'll tell Louis, he better give us that bottle for later", I winked and Marlon smirked, blushing again.
              "Hey, before we go y/n. I just wanted to thank you for understanding like no one else ever has, not even Lou. Just-thank you", he smiled slightly "
               "Anything for you", I gave him a peck,"we should probably get you a good nap before we go too wild". I grabbed Marlon's hand and led him down the stairs.