(Mitch x reader)

This is my first writing based on a request and I'm so excited❤❤ This story was requested by bananaminion666. I'll try to keep the one like 1 or 2 parts max(don't be afraid to send requests😁). Sorry this took so long to write I've been having writers block lol

I was saved my Marlon in the car crash that stranded us at Ericson. I had felt the same way as Clem when we first arrived, wary of this new community. After all,we had been on the road together since Richmond.
In spite of the rocky start, it wasn't long before we began to get comfortable and settle in. Maybe me more than Clem or Aj, I just clicked with the Ericson kids, mainly Mitch and a few others, more than any other community I had been a part of.
Here felt different, better even. That facade didn't last long though...

I was awakened by yelling and went out to court yard to find most of the Ericson kids surrounded around Marlon, Aj pointing his tiny pistol at him. Harassing Marlon about where Clementine was, Marlon backing away with his hands up. I joined in yelling, "Where the fuck is she Marlon?!", but I motioned for Aj to lower his gun. He didn't listen.
"She's...she's in the basement. Sh-she murdered Brody!", Marlon screeched at us. I heard the people around me gasp and suddenly it was much more tense. I backed away a bit and bumped into Mitch, he didn't seem to notice though. I think everyone there was too petrified to say anything.
Mitch broke the silence. He brushed against me again while walking in Marlon's direction. "Is that blood on your face?", he questioned Marlon. I walked behind Mitch getting closer to him.
Marlon's hand flew to his face as if he forgot the red spatter was there, still backing away as we slowly encroached upon him. People were spitting questions at Marlon about what happened, his eyebrows drew together like he was thinking hard about what to say.
I saw a figure walking towards the group out of my perifrial vision. Turning my head, it was Clem. Her hands and face all bloody. "Clemantine? What happened??", she looked at me momentarily and didn't answer. She had that look on her face that told me she was infuriated.
"Get the hell away from Aj, asshole!", Clem interrupted. Making everyone turn to look at her immediately.
Clem slowly walked towards Marlon accusingly saying,"You killed Brody. You hit her so hard, her head split open". I indefinitely believe Clem.
"What the fuck?", I shouted glaring at Marlon and boldly stepping toward him. That was a mistake though because he threw me to the abrasive ground using only one arm. "What the fuck, man!?", Mitch hollered as he ran to my side offering me his hand and pulling me up. Neither of us let go.
"That's a lie. I saw you kill her!" He pointed at Clem as she inched toward him. He motioned to her hands, "Look at her hands! She's covered in Brody's blood". Everyone turned to Clem as she peered down at herself. She was covered in blood.
Marlon took the opportunity of the mass around him gawking at Clemantine to disarm Aj. Stealing his gun and slamming him to the cement. He rose the gun to the sky. We all stiffened and drew back. I was officially panicked now, Marlon had the ability to kill anyone of us.
I felt Mitch's hand tighten around mine. I wanted to hold on, nevertheless I let go and ran the Aj's side forcing him up with the assistance of Louis.
Marlon spurratucally waved his gun at us. "We saved their lives when anyone else would've just kept walking! We fed them, we kept them warm! And this is how they thank us?! Guns being pulled", he swung the gun around dramatically," and murder! Well FUCK. THEM."
Marlon pointed the gun only at Clem now. This was the first time I had seen her look truly afraid tonight. She started to search the small crowd for someone to help her. She reached out for Louis, but he was unmoved. Convinced his best friend wouldn't lie to him. Marlon still had the gun on Clem.
I stepped forward to get in between the gun and Clem. But, before I could move a step closer I felt Mitch's hand clamp on my shoulder. "I've got this, y/n", he squeezed my shoulder warmly and stood in between Marlon and Clem.
"You don't know what your doing, man", Marlon shook his head at Mitch. Mitch put his hand up in front of the gun, "Yes, I do. This isn't how we do things, we don't just kill people here. Now put the fucking gun down, Marlon. Before I make you". There was silence and Marlon looked discouraged.
"Stand down, Marlon", Mitch said. And many voices joined in, standing up to Marlon. Taking steps forward, closing in on him. I sighed in relief, it felt like this night was coming to a close. Marlon was going to stand down.
"I'm trying to protect you!!", Marlon was screeching so loud his voice cracked. It wasn't over yet.
"I made the right call. I saved the lives of everyone in the fucking school! If they came back...I'd do it again!". This caused uproar, everyone was mad. I felt the warmth of Aj leave my side, but I was too pissed at what Marlon just said to truly notice.
Clem went for the gun. It was a struggle, but she overpowered him. "I'm done. I'm done", Marlon whimpered as he laid on the ground."Get out and don't come back. If you do, you're dead", Clem said sternly her hands on on her hips. Marlon stood up slowly, " you don't have to worry. I won't".
I felt everyone around me relax momentarily, this horrible night was fleeting.
Where's Aj?? The thought appeared. I whipped my head around. He was behind Marlon, spinning the barrel on his tiny gun and locking it in place. My brain was trying to fathom what the fuck he was doing. He lifted the gun to Marlon's head level, squinting one eye.
My brain suddenly put all the pieces together. He was going to shoot Marlon after we talked him down. "What the fuck Aj??", I ran to tackle him. Before I could get very far I heard a gun shot ring out and I was on the ground. Searing pain in my shoulder. Sadly, I didn't pass out until after Mitch had carried me into the boarding school and Ruby had began pulling the bullet out of me. The sight of the blood was too much for me.

I woke up in my dorm room. Before I opened my eyes I could sense someone else was there. I turned my head, Ruby was asleep on the other bunk. She was probably worried half to death, as always. There was a chair sitting by the door, it was Mitch.
"Mitch?", I called out to him. He stirred in his sleep. "Am I gonna be okay?"
"Y/n?", he sat up abruptly," yes you'll be fine. Do you want me to wake Ruby?". "No.No. I trust you", I smiled weakly. I tried to sit up but Mitch stopped me holding the blanket in place covering my chest that was naked besides the bandages on my shoulder. I noticed this and shivered.
"Are you cold?", he sounded concerned compared to his usual sarcastic self. "Yeah, a bit", I saw my shirt on the ground. It was torn at the shoulder and was littered blood stains. Mitch noticed this too, he swiftly took off his jacket and laid it over me. He went back to the chair he had been sitting on to snatch his blanket and draped it over me.
"You should probably go back to sleep. It's only been a few hours". I sighed, "I don't think I can. Memories of tonight keep coming back to me. Thank you for carrying me and just for helping tonight", I rolled over to look at him. This was a mistake though, my shoulder was instantly inflamed in pain. I groaned out loud, Mitch grabbed my hand. "Try not to put any extra pressure. Okay?". "Yeah, uh-shit I guess I forgot".
We were still holding hands. Neither of us seemed to mind though. "Will you stay awake with me?", I asked scared of my own thoughts. "I guess", he groaned sarcastically and I gave him a dirty look. "I'm kidding, yeah I don't mind. It's the least I can do you literally got shot last night", he paused, "I can't believe we actually trusted that asshole Marlon. He literally traded our people away!", he whisper yelled,"if he would have traded you-I would have killed him!".
"Just if he would have traded me away?", I smiled slyly. His eyes got big realizing what he said,"uh well- like no that's not what I meant", he stumbled over his words. "Oh I think that is what you meant", I winked jokingly. He blushed so much, I had never seen Mitch blush. "Oh you're really funny", he said sarcastically.
"Listen though, y/n", his tone was serious now. "I know this isn't the best time , with you just getting injured and all. But, I just- well seeing you so close to death made me realize how much I need to tell you this", Mitch paused and my eyes widened. "I think I like you... but in a different way than I've felt about anyone else. You're just so perfect and it's so scary that I almost lost you tonight. I just- can we be more than friends, y/n?"
I was shocked, I knew I felt the same way,but the words weren't coming. He let go of my hand and looked down. "Oh my god. Why did I say anything? I knew you wouldn't like me", he went on degrading himself until I couldn't take it anymore.
I reached up with my not injured arm and wrapped it around his neck. He stopped bickering and we locked eyes. I pulled his face down to mine, brushing our lips together.
He pulled away after a few seconds looking shocked. There was silence momentarliy but, then Mitch pulled his chair over to the bed side and we began to talk and talk until we could see the sun rise behind the boards on the window. Just enjoying eachothers company.