01

'Who is our next recruit, sir?' the AI asked the Captain.

"Our next recruit is Doctor Madilyn Merlyn. Member of The Black Circle, former CEO of Merlyn Global Group, and now head surgeon of orthopedic surgery at Starling General Hospital. And, also, she's an Egyptian goddess."

~

Madilyn Merlyn walked towards the patient, holding a clipboard in her hands. The man looks up to see his doctor and smiles at the woman. "So, Doc, what's the verdict? Am I gonna make it?" He asks jokingly. She chuckles, "Don't worry Grady. I was able to remove the windshield wiper from your leg. Though, I don't understand how it ended up in your leg in the first place." Grady laughed and playfully smirked, "well, maybe I could tell you over drinks or dinner sometime." Madilyn scoffed, "I would take the offer, but your not my type." Grady nodded in understanding, already knowing he was out of her league, like way out of her league, but he thought it would be worth a shot.

The man decided to change the subject to something that's been on his mind for a while. "I don't get it," he started, which caught the Merlyn off guard. "Get what?" She asked the man curiously. "Why did you choose ortho? I mean, not to be sexist but doesn't it make you at least a little squeamish? For me, the sight of a bone sticking out of my leg would make me pass out." Madilyn smiled, easily remembering all the times Team Arrow came to her for medical attention, mostly just Oliver. She then shrugged, "I guess I've just gotten used to it. Besides, knowing that I'm saving someone's life takes my mind off of all the gore." The man nodded, admiring the woman's confidence, "well, all I can say is thank you."

"You're welcome," she told him, turning around to leave since her shift was almost at an end. Once she was at the door she turned around with a small smirk. "don't get into anymore car accidents, okay? I don't want to be removing anymore windshield wipers from your leg." Grady just nodded his head laughing, "you got it, Doc." She turned around moving towards the nurse's desk and gave her Grady's file to put away. Once the nurse walked away towards the filing cabinet, Madilyn saw a couple of files on her desk. She grabbed them and set them in front of her to read. She opened the first one to see that the deceased patient had died from a crushed windpipe, yet there weren't any signs of violence inflicted on the deceased.

Madilyn knew that injury all too well. She had delt with deceased patients who were injured and killed by Damien Darhk. She and Team Arrow had been trying to stop the man from committing anymore deaths but it seemed that he couldn't be humanly stopped. She sighed looking through the other files to see that the others had similar injuries, meaning these people were all killed by Damien Darhk and his Ghosts. She rubbed her forehead in frustration and left, leaving the files where she saw them. She walked towards the break room to change out of her scrubs and into a pair of black jeans, a white tank top, and her black leather jacket. Once she was all set, she walked out of the hospital into the attendings parking lot.

Madilyn could feel that something was off but she shrugged it off knowing she could handle herself. It was Star City after all; you always had to watch your back in this city. She was almost towards her car when she heard a British voice behind her. "Ah, Ms. Merlyn, it is a pleasure to meet you," the voice said. Madilyn furrowed her eyebrows but was alert and turned around to face the man. She looked at his attire and raised her eyebrows, "okay, is it just me or are you trying to impersonate a friend of mine? Well, he's not really a friend, but more of a colleague." The man seemed to look confused at her reaction towards him, "I don't know who you're talking about." The assassin sighed folding her arms around her chest, "then what do you want?" The man seemed to smirk which made her tense up, "that's just it Ms. Merlyn. I want you." Madilyn was about to pull out one of her pocket knives when she saw a bright light flash in front of her eyes.