04

In all honesty, by now Madilyn was becoming bored. She lifted the bar of the seat up but didn't move any further than that. She was still thinking about Professor Boardman and going back to what she called Purgatory. It had been a few months since she was there, before a few hours ago, so she would be lying if she said she didn't miss it. It was a place where she could escape to, either to see most souls make it to paradise or receive advise from Anubis himself. However, as she remembered her trip to Purgatory, she couldn't help but also remember the short advice Anubis had whispered to her.

Be careful, my child. To balance the darkness that consumes your soul, you need a beacon of light to guide you through. If not, you will get lost in that darkness for eternity.

Madilyn didn't understand what the god meant. A beacon of light? She had multiple; her family and her childhood friends. They have seemed to pull her out of the darkness almost all the time. However, sometimes she was so consumed by it, that no one could help her except herself. She shook the timid thoughts from her head before she dug too deep into them. Maybe her family and friends weren't her beacon of hope, which pegged the question of who is it then?

She heard a groan come from her right to see Mick holding his head in his hands. "What are you complaining about now? It's not like we time-jumped," Snart told his partner. "I hate flying, especially in whatever this thing is," Mick replied still groaning. Madilyn silently scoffed at the man but nevertheless was amused by his annoyance of flying. Most of the team around her seemed to be wondering what they were going to do now which had Madilyn silently praying it was going to be a little -- more like a lot of -- fun.

Carter looked towards their supposed captain, "where exactly are we?" "We're still in 1975, right?" Kendra added in making Madilyn look at her in disbelief. Snart just, technically, stated we didn't time-jump. "Indeed. October 1975 on the fjords of northern Norway," Rip stated while jumping out of his seat towards the captain's office. Madilyn shrugged, "sounds fun. I haven't been to Norway yet." Everyone stood up to look towards the brit.

Snart smirked at the Merlyn then looked at the captain, "sounds like a vacation." Walking towards his desk to grab a small book, Rip commented, "which we can take as soon as the threat of Savage has been neutralized, Mr. Snart." Carter and Kendra immediately knew whose notebook that was, "that's Aldus's notebook." "Now he theorized that Savage might be here, and if he's right, and if we can capture Savage, then at least Professor Boardman didn't die in vain," Rip told the team. Madilyn sighed, knowing that even if Professor Boardman died in vain he's currently at peace.

Kendra was still not over her son-from-another-life's death which irritated Madilyn because Kendra barely knew the man. Madilyn would've understood if the woman still had her memories of her past son, but she didn't. "Can't we just go back and save Aldus?" Kendra asked the time master, believing that she could actually save him. "He was our son," Carter commented towards Rip. Rip just looked unapologetically at the two, "look, I'm sorry. We can't go back and change events in which we participated. Time would fold in on itself, creating a temporal vortex."

"Which sounds way cooler than it is," Ray told the two sheepishly. Madilyn was currently leaning her back on the center console on the left side of Sara while listening to the four of them talk. She kept Kendra's question in the back of her mind, thinking that maybe she could save her brother or other people that died because of her. Madilyn just wanted her brother back, whatever the cost may be. Sara saw that Madilyn was thinking of something stupid just by that look she had on her face.

"Forgetting physics for a second," Sara said to change the subject, making Madilyn shake her head out of her thoughts, "shouldn't we figure out what Savage is doing in Norway?" Rip walked over to the center console where everyone was already crowded around. Dramatically waving his finger in the air Rip told the group, "according to Gideon, there is a large meeting of terrorists and fringe groups looking to buy illegal arms." Madilyn immediately looked up, inwardly jumping with happiness that her prayers were answered, showing her eagerness to go. "Now that sounds like a vacation," Mick said with a grin towards the group.