07

'We've arrived in Leipzig, Germany, the most current location for Vandal Savage. And by the way, Captain, you are are urgently needed in the MedBay.' Gideon informed Rip, which caused the said man to run out with Stein on his tail.

The rest of the team waited on the Bridge for any reports on Kendra. After a while, Rip, Stein, and Ray arrived back on the Bridge with stricken faces. Madilyn fidgeted with her hands ready to hear the news. "Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart," Rip informed those who didn't know. Jax scoffed and threw his hands in the air, "can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" Rip meerely sighed at the kid's option, "this ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her."

"Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway. I pay attention," Snart spoke up surprising everyone. Jax was still unconvinced and looked towards Madilyn, "Madi's a doctor, why can't she do heart surgery or whatever?" Madilyn's eyes suddenly turned into saucers at the idea, "oh hell no. That is too risky even for me, there are so many things that can go wrong with the surgery. Besides, that MedBay doesn't look like an OR at all." Rip sadly nodded, agreeing with the Merlyn.

Mick started to talk while he kept pacing the room, "to sum up, Carter Hall is dead, the girlfriend's not too far behind, Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in. That how the plan supposed to work, Rip?" Madilyn could sense the tension in the room even from a mile away which caused the woman to roll her eyes at the men in the room. "Obviously not, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future," the brit tried explaining to the team nonconvincingly. "Simple don't mean easy, Captain," Snart exclaimed to him. Rip grimaced and looked at the criminal sitting on the floor, "oh, I never said it was."

Madilyn just looked at Jax who shrugged while Rip continued, "the benefit of being a Time Master is that the length and breadth of history gives one perspective. I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what." Madilyn had to furrow her eyebrows at the captain's last sentence, something oddly familiar with it. Rip then walked towards the console in the middle of the room with a hologram of the ship. "Gideon, what is our status?"

'When the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the Jumpship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to--' "Wait, Jumpship?" Jax turned towards the console with a smirk of excitement. Madilyn slightly smiled at the kid's innocence. Rip rolled his eyes, "tt's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider--," Rip said until his eyes flashed with remembrance, "you're a mechanic! You have a look at it." Rip started to walk back towards his study while Jax just glanced at the others with wary. "Uh auto mechanic," Jax informed Rip opening his arms gesturing towards everything around them, "uh spaceship."

Rip just stared at him raising his eyebrows. Jax sighed in defeat, "okay, if you've got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do." Mick looked at the captain with narrowed eyes, "what about the rest of us? Do we just sit?" "Capital idea, Mr. Rory. You're not nearly as thick as most people say," the brit told him while walking back into his study. Snart and Sara just tilted their heads in question while Madilyn smirked at Mick. "Thick, does that mean stupid?" Mick simply asked out loud which caused the Merlyn to pat him on the back while walking out of the Bridge.

Madilyn seemed to walk around the halls until she got bored and went back to the Bridge knowing Sara was probably interrogating the poor brit. Madilyn was able to catch the last of the two's conversation when she got back, "so where does Vandal Savage keep his money in 1975?" The two turned around in surprise when they heard a new voice, "that's easy. He's old fashioned, so he would probably keep it somewhere old fashioned as well." Rip just looked confused, "how do you know that?" Madilyn smirked and crossed her arms over her chest with a shrug, "when you're rich you know things."