Chapter VIII

Peggy, Angelica, and their father had all returned home. Eliza was with Alexander and they had their own lives now. So, Peggy and Angelica went to Eliza's room for some nostalgia. And to say goodbye before they locked the room until Eliza returned. If she returned, which we know she won't

Angelica and Peggy sat on her bed and just talked for hours

"Laurens proposed you know." Peggy said out of nowhere

"Really? Peggy, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you!"

Peggy looked at her

"You don't seem very excited, Pegs. What's wrong?"

"Don't get me wrong, he's amazing and I'm completely in love with him. But I'm scared. If we get married now, with the war going on, he might never come back. I'll be alone, Angie. Mind you, I mean I'll have no one to love. What if I have children? What do I do then?" Peggy has so many questions and "what-ifs?" It made her brain hurt

"Peggy, you'll be ok. You can always remarry. Plus, if you have children, we'll help you take care of them. We'll never let you be alone and we'll never let you die alone. We all love you too much."

"That's sweet but in the event it happens, then what?"

"We'll stick to the plan, Peggy."

"Alright then."

"Peggy, trust us, we are your family. We love you. You and John will have a happy life together. It'll be long, bountiful, and beautiful. You have my word."

"Thank you, Angelica. You know, I'm really going to miss Eliza. We have so many good memories in this room."

"Not really," Peggy was surprised to hear her say that "we have good memories, yes. But this is just a room. The memories aren't in a room, they lie within each other. They lie within us"

"How insightful." Peggy said with evident sarcasm

"Ok, you cynical little ballock. Think of something better."

Peggy couldn't think of anything so she remained silent

"That's what I thought. Do you remember the tea parties we had in here? We'd always invite the other girls to come and they did. As soon as they left, we'd talk about them behind their backs, and be their friend the next day!"

"I really didn't like those girls. Why did we invite them over?" Peggy asked

"Status quo, Peggy. Status quo"

"Oh."

They sat in a comfortable silence.

"Do you think Alexander is happy?" Peggy said

Angelica sat in silence for a little bit. Was he happy?

"I think so. I hope so."

"We will be getting married on the 6th of June in 1781. He will be staying for the week and then returning for the war, and to fight for the abolishment of slavery. I couldn't be more proud of him."

"I am truly happy for you. I wish you the best of luck. May you always be satisfied."

"May you always be satisfied as well, Angelica." Peggy walked out of the room and turned her head

"Are you coming? Or do you want me to lock you in?"

"No I'll be right there. Just give me a minute."

Angelica decided to take a good look around her younger sister's room one last time. She smiled at the paintings, the toys, and the desk she had before she turned away and joined Peggy in locking the room.

"Goodbye, Eliza."
.
.
.
.
.
.
Author's note: ok, I know this chapter is short, but this is supposed to lead the story along without having to just jump ahead. Peggy and Laurens are getting married. The date of Peggy's marriage is the same, but I had to change the year so it could match up to Lauren's death and the birth of Peggy's children. They'll be married in the next chapter, then it'll fast forward to a few years into the future. Don't worry, I know where this book is going!

Comment, like, vote, whatever idk anymore

Love,

Kennedy Brown❤️