Chapter Twelve

Warning: This chapter contains some sexy times. I'm posting this chapter at 12:00 AM on January 1, 2019.  This is how I'm beginning my year.

Every time Phil touches me, sparks shoot out of his fingers and pass through my skin.  They touch my soul and color and brighten it. 

When I touch Phil, I see "love."  When Phil touches me, he also sees love.  He tells me that my touch is magical.  Little does he know that his touch is more magical than mine will ever be.

Phil touches my life in so many beautiful ways.  He brings me laughter, fun, friends, happiness, his true friendship, and most of all, his true love.  Phil's touch is encouraging and enchanting.

As I pour my heart out to Phil, tears pour down his pale, glowing face.  He wraps his arms around my body and cries into my chest.  I run my hands through his soft hair and continue to whisper the things my heart shouts every day as tears escape from my own face.

"Some might say that I've only been with you for a small part of my life, but I've only just started living.  What matters is that I plan to be with you for the rest of my life, Dan Howell," Phil says.

"Let's seal this promise with a kiss," I say, connecting my lips with Phil's.  Phil kisses me back before he pulls away from me and begins to fish through his pockets for something.

"Speaking of promises, I brought something else to the picnic," Phil says.  "Dan Howell, I promise to make you laugh.  I promise to bring you on adventures.  I promise to help you.  I promise to kiss you.  I promise to love you."

Some more tears escape from my face as Phil pulls a promise ring out of his pocket.  I hold out my hand, and Phil slips the silver band onto my finger.  It's a perfect fit in more ways than one.

"This is better than lube," I say, laughing, tears shining on Phil's sharp cheekbones. 

Phil holds me in his arms and kisses the top of my head.  "I want to stay like this forever," he whispers.

"So do I," I whisper back.

Phil hands me another promise ring, and I smile.  "I promise to make memories with you.  I promise to always be your best friend.  I promise to love you," I say.  I slip the silver band onto Phil's finger.

"I love you," Phil says.

"And I love you," I say, intertwining my ringed hand with Phil's ringed hand.  "You should sleep over."

Phil nods.  "Yeah, let's go to your house.  We should shower before we go to bed."

"Together?," I ask.

Phil laughs.  "That defeats the purpose of a post-sex shower."

"Not if it's a long shower," I say, grinning.

"Okay, fine," Phil says, gathering the kitchenware.

I roll up the blanket and follow Phil to the car.

***

Phil takes off his shirt and kisses me.  He pulls my shirt over my head and reconnects our lips.

I put my hands on Phil's shoulders and deepen the kiss as Phil pulls off his jeans.

I slip off my pants and tightly hug Phil.

Phil kisses my cheek and moves down to my neck, kissing it and sucking it, marking me, claiming me as his own.  I'm his.

I laugh because the hickey formation tickles, and Phil joins in on the laughter.  I hate having my neck touched unless it's Phil who's doing the touching because my neck is a sure-fire way of making me happy down there.