Chapter 6

Caleb and I were out walking. Despite everything that had happened, it was a nice day out today. It was kinda cloudy but that's ok. A little rain has never hurt anyone.

"When should we head back, you think?"

Caleb shrugged his shoulders and checked his phone, "Well, it's 8:28 right now, so we can head back in about 12 minutes ok?"

I nodded. He was walking the way he normally walks but would pause every few seconds and wait for me to catch up. I immediately felt bad.

"If you didn't wanna walk with me then you could've just stayed home." I was starting to get annoyed. I thought we were going to walk together, but he was making me feel slow. It's not like I could help it or anything.

"Whaaat are you talking about? We are walking together? I thought?" He is so dense.

"Really? Is walking ahead like that really walking together?" I know I am over reacting but I feel like I am right. I wanna be with him, but he just keeps walking ahead.

"Ah, I am sorry Aeryn. I didn't realize what I was doing. You are just slo-I mean...shit"

I turned around and walked back inside.

"Aeryn! Fuck! Wait, come back! Babe!"

The guys were back. They smiled when they saw me, but I was crying and walked back upstairs. Leaving everyone confused until they saw Caleb running back.

"Aeryn! I didn't mean th-SLAM" I slammed my door before he could say anything.

[Jo] "Man, whatever you did? Good fucking job."

[Ca] "Just shut the hell up Joey. I am going out."

[X] "What about Zhaen? Aren't you going to apologize?"

[Ca] "I didn't do anything, she is just over reacting. Give her a few hours and she will be fine."

[X] "I don't think you should just let this sit, Caleb. I think you should talk to her."

[Ca] "Listen, I know you are trying to be a good new friend, but Xios? Butt the hell out, got it? If you want someone to talk to her so bad, you do it! I did nothing wrong."

And with that, Caleb slammed the door and went out to do god knows what.

There was an awkward silence.

[Jo] "Well, we need someone to go talk to Aeryn, who wants to volunteer?"

[X] "Why did you say it like that?"

[Ch] "You are still new Xi, but Aeryn is a girl. Whatever Caleb said to upset her? Must've really impacted her. Especially with her...history."

[X] "History? Man, what the hell is wrong with her?! Why does no one want to talk to her when she clearly needs someone to talk to?!"

The guys put their heads down until Fluffy spoke up.

"She has depression man. Her last relationship wasn't very good, so she has been in a bad state for awhile. We all know she isn't ok when she says she is, but we don't push it because the more we push it, the more we get pushed away."

Xios just nods. "So that's why none of you want to say anything? You are afraid she won't wanna talk to you guys?"

They all nodded their heads and he made his way up the stairs, towards me room.

"Dude, where are you going?"

"No offense Jo, but I have nothing to lose. I am going to go talk to her. She needs someone. And no offense to Caleb, but he is being a really shitty boyfriend right now. He needs to talk to his girlfriend when things like this happen ok?!"

They were all left dumb founded as Xios just walked in my room. There were no 'Get Outs' or screaming or none of that. It was just quiet.