Michael Ear Infection

Michael's p.o.v:

For the past few days, I have been having problems with my left ear. My boyfriend has been doing everything in his power to make sure I am comfortable. He has been nursing me through loud ringing, and massive amounts of pain. He had begged, on many occasions, for me to go see a doctor for my ear, but I dread the doctors and I hate hospitals with a passion.

Luke and I were cuddling on the couch for the majority of the day, when my ear decided to play up, for what felt like the hundredth time. He decided the steam from a warm shower would do me good. He got up and I was left on the couch, trying everything I could not to break into hysterics as another sharp pain shot through my ear.

"Luke..." I groaned as loudly as I could muster. This was the second time I yelled for him. I watched as he rushed into the room.

"What's wrong boo? Is it your ear again?" He asked. I nodded. He frowned and took a seat in front of me on the couch and brushed my hair away from my eyes. I nodded slightly, my facade dropping entirely as I broke down in my loves arms. He scooped me up and held me for a while. "Here babe, why don't you sit up for a bit." I sat up with his help. "I was getting ready to start the shower for us. Let's head to the bathroom, yeah?"

"A-Alright..." I hissed, feeling slightly dizzy upon changing position. Luke helped me up and into the bathroom. I stripped my clothes and sat on the toilet lid as he started the water. He undressed and helped me into the shower. For some reason I was feeling quite weak and feverish so I was thankful to have him helping me out so much. "Thanks for helping me out honey drop." I said with a small smile as he massaged my scalp with shampoo. I leaned into his touch, nearly falling asleep standing up.

I stumbled, almost face planting the wall ahead of me. He caught me and asked if I was okay and I nodded, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Jus' tired. You were making me fall asleep." He chuckled and rinsed our my hair.

"Let's go lay down on the couch. We could take a nap together." I hummed, too tired to properly form words. We got dressed and walked into the living room. I got situated on the couch and he got comfortable next to me.

I must have fallen right to sleep because the next thing I knew, Luke was placing a plate of food onto the coffee table in front of me. I cracked my eyes open. "Hey boo. I have some dinner made for you. How are you feeling?" I groaned. My ear felt like someone was taking a jackhammer to it. "That good huh? Let's get you up. Come on." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and sat me up. He placed the plate into my lap and I sent him a tiny smile, trying to push past the pain and eat. The only problem was, I had absolutely no appetite. I had about one third of what was on the plate before I handed it back to him. He frowned. "Michael, you haven't eaten anything all day. You need to eat more than that."

"I'm sorry. I'm just not that hungry..." he sighed and rested a hand on my shoulder. I suddenly felt severely dizzy. I whimpered, my face scrunching up as my vision faded some. I was forced to grab his arm to keep from pitching forward.

"What's wrong!?" He asked panicking slightly.

"Oh God... I feel so dizzy..." I closed my eyes trying to stop the room from spinning. I felt his arms wrap around my shaking frame. He pulled me into his chest, making me feel safe. I fisted a handful of Luke's shirt and couldn't stop the tears from falling.

"Please Mikey... you're scaring me... please just go to the doctor now... it's time to stop putting this off. I know me asking you to get it checked is getting annoying, but this is getting to be too much..." I mumbled an okay, burying my face into his chest and sobbing. His grip on me tightened and he began to stand, bringing me with him. I held onto him with a death grip as we stood, the dizziness escalating to terrifying levels.