Being a Christian

Travis Diary
I grew up in a family that owns a church and are Christians. My father is the Preacher at the Phelps Ministry. Since I was little I've learned the story was God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Chapter 18, Verse 22 states that "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." That verse is the verse my father crams into my head. In my opinion what's the big deal, they're just two males that love each other or female. Shouldn't God love his children all the same? Why are those who are queer looked at as a abomination? My father always yells at me when I bring this up though. He says..well screams "TRAVIS, WHO ARE YOU TO STICK UP FOR THESE QUEERS! THEY ARE AN ABOMINATION IN THE EYES OF OUR LORD! NO SON OF MINE IS GOING TO STICK UP FOR QUEERS!"
He then would abuse me by punching me and giving me a black eye or a bloody nose. The usual my mother did nothing but agreed with my father. At school I would choose to hate anyone that was queer. I took all my anger out at other people, especially Sal Fisher and his fucking queer friends. Ha or should I call him Sally Face, he's this freak with a prosthetic mask and crazy pigtails. He hangs out with these other freaks, Todd, Larry, and Ash. They do weird shit like looking for ghosts but, it's not like I watch they're every move or any creepy shit like that.
End of Diary Entry
Mrs. Packerton~ Mr. Phelps Stop writing and finish your test!~
I stop writing in my dia..Book and work on my test.
Mrs. Packerton~ And Mr. Fisher Wake Up!~
I look back at Sal who is sleeping! Fucking Sleeping!
Sal~ Sorry, I must've dozed off. I already finished the test.~
I couldn't believe the fucking goody two shoes finished his test! This shit is hard!
Mrs. Packerton- and you aced it perfectly. Just try and stay awake! And Mr. Phelps eyes on your own paper!~
I turn back to my own paper in disbelief of how smart Sal is.
~After Class~
Myself (Travis)~ Hey Sal! No one likes a goody two shoes!~
Sal~ You know Travis, maybe if you stop being an ass people will like you.~
I punched that faggot in his face. It kind of hurt so to his prosthetic but I managed to draw blood. Then I stormed off calling him a faggot under my breath.
~Later at Lunch~
I sit and eat a bologna sandwich. Compliments to the chef! Aka the lunch lady, Kim. Does she know how to make good bologna or what? After I'm done eating I walk out Into the empty halls and into the males bathroom. I start writing a note on my diary paper.
Travis Diary
I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different.

The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. It's not the way a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever I just....
End of Diary Entry
I write "I just....love you Sal." But I scribble out "love you Sal." Then I rip out the page and throw it at the trash can missing. I go into one of the stalls and continue to write in my Dia...BOoK!
Travis Diary
Why do I feel this way? Lord help me. I know it's an abomination but it feels so right. Everything about Sal is perfect...his hair, his mask, his eyes, his cloths, his everything. He's so smart and adorable...but he hates me...I mean who would love the guy that literally punched him not to long ago? If my dad found out he would abuse me even more...Oh Sal why won't you leave my head?
End of Diary Entry
A tear drips onto the page as I start crying. I roll up my sleeve to see all the cuts and bruises some from abuse, others from Self Harm...then I hear someone come in the bathroom. I start to go into panic. I hear them pick something up and I felt the presence of a smile. Oh FUCK! They found my note! Who are they?! Shit. Of course the sound of my crying and sniffling alerted them. Then a soft voice spoke,
???~ Anybody There?~
Me (Travis)~ No Duh Fuck Wud, Buzz Off!~
???~ Travis? Were you just crying..a second ago?~
I didn't know who they were but they knew who I was then it hit me. I knew who the voice was...shit.
Me (Travis)~ Sally Face?! I...NO!~
Awkward silence came through....