It's All Going To Be Ok.

Travis POV

After Ashley told me about her hair and how it was "getting in the way" I got a text from Sal. Ash looked over my shoulder, reading the text as I read it too.

Sal❤✨- "Larry texted me wanting to meet up for Lunch. Meet us at that one Diner on the corner of Main. Bring Ash too."

I didn't really bother responding seeing as I would see Sal and Larry soon. I start walking out of the woods and away from the lake, knowing that Ash would follow. She didn't say much during our walk to the Diner. It's strange. Ash is usually so willing to talk and make jokes. She never gives the impression of this small, quiet, almost worried, girl that quietly walked behind me, walking exactly where I stepped as if I was leading her. I kind of miss the old Ashley. I slightly turn my head and look back at her as I walk. She noticed me looking and looked at the ground. I couldn't help but stop walking. I calmly spoke to her as if I was a parent comforting a scared child.

Travis(Me)- "Ash, Is everything ok?"

She looked away from the ground and instead looked at me. Her usual beautiful, shimmering, green eyes were still beautiful..I will admit..but they seemed sad and dull as if she's been crying. She pairs her eyes with my usually, dull, dark colored eyes. Nice to see those haven't changed. Before she answers she looks away. Breaking the calm stare into each others eyes.

Ashley- "Yeah. Everything is ok..why?"

She's lying. She slways looks away when she's lying. She can never look in someone's eyes and lie..Am I just being paranoid?

Travis(Me)- "I don't know Ash..You just seem kind of distant today."

Ashley- "Oh? Well stop worrying about me Travis. I'm.."

Before she gets out the next word we arrive at the Diner. She just stares at it.. I notice her gulp. She then cheerfuly turns to me and smiles softly, finishing her previous sentence.

Ashley- "Fine.."

I nod in agreement. Is she though? I open the door of the Diner and hold it open for Ash. She walks in and I walk in after her. Looking around the place gave me flashbacks of when I first met Ash, when Larry stormed out, when he punched me, when him and Ash started dating, when I became friends with these amazing people. I follow Ash to one of the booths where we see Larry and Sal. She takes a seat next to Larry and I take the seat next to Sal. Larry and Sal greet us in their normal friendly matter. Larry puts his arm around Ash, nothing out of the ordinary..its his girlfriend after all.. But Ashley flinched at the touch. Thats not like her at all. Whats wrong? What happened to Ash? Sal seemed to since me being uncomfortable and upset so he put his arm around me as well. It gave me comfort having someone who loves me. What did I do to deserve Sal?

Larry- "Ok. I say we order some food. I'm getting kind of hungry."

We all nod and order our food. As we're eating Sal speaks up.

Sal- "Ash..Your hair? I like it."

Ash- "Oh..um..thanks."

After that we all just talked. Ash seemed to get her spark back..but she was still too distant for my liking. I randomly felt the urge to get up..so I did. I gestured Sal to follow and we walked away from the booth to talk.

Sal- "Whats up?"

Travis(Me)- "Ash..she seems so distant. I think something is wrong."

Sal looks back at Ash who looked like she noticed Sal staring and acted normal for the first time in a while. As if hiding it from him. He looks back at me and shrugs.

Sal- "She seems fine to me.."

Travis- "Thats the first time I have seen her look like herself all day.."

Sal- "I haven't seen anything besides our usual Ashley..but I believe you. Stranger things have happened."

Sal gives me a hug knowing that I feel uneasy about this all. His hug gave me a slight bit of hope for Ash. Maybe I'm overreacting. She told me she was ok..Ash never lies to anyone. Especially me..she tells me everything..

My train of thought breaks when Sal pulls me away from the hug.

Sal- "It's All Going To Be Ok."

Before I could get a word out or say anything we hear a loud crashing sound.