⌜ ten ⌟

mark came out of the room, ruffling his hair, ❝haechan?❞

he heard some humming sounds inside the kitchen. with a smile on his face, he drag his whole body to the kitchen and gave the boy a hug from the back. he buried his head on the crook of the male's neck and sniffed it, earning a giggle from the younger.

what are you cooking sunshine?❞ he let his head rest on the younger's shoulder and closed his eyes, wanting to cherish this moment.

the younger didn't reply.

haechan?

after a few seconds, the younger male turned the stove of and pulled himself away from mark. he left the boy raising a brow, wearing a confused look, and all he did was chuckle.

do i look a lot like haechan?

it took mark seconds to understand the situation. his heart then began beating fast, nervous, embarrassed, and regretting why he did that. ❝donghyuck?

correct.❞ donghyuck gave him a smile after clapping his hands in celebration for mark knowing who he is, ❝i suddenly want to meet haechan.

why would you want to meet yourself? mark then showed a small smile, shaking his head. he had move on already, he can't imagine himself being in a relationship with haechan. with donghyuck whom he changed the name to haechan thinking that it would help him move on. he now can't imagine himself being in a very surreal relationship because he has already come to the point of accepting.

accepting the fact that he is just a bestfriend.

after all, just like what doyoung and johnny told him, there are things that a bestfriend can do and say that a boyfriend can't.

what's burning?❞ a tired looking taeyong appeared out of no where, scaring the two boys.

your as—❞ donghyuck stopped speaking when he felt mark's gaze on him. he gulped and then gave his most beloved hyung his sweetest smile.

if he has one.❞ a giggling jaehyun came inside the kitchen and sat down on one of the chairs at the dinning area.

that's it.❞ taeyong threw his hands up in the air, ❝i'm quitting my job.

the three didn't even try stopping him and just let taeyong go wherever he is retreating. not long after, the members started to show up and sit down one by one until the dinning area was packed.

where is taeyong going?❞ johnny questioned, covering his mouth when he yawned.

jaehyun shrugged, ❝quitting—

oh you came back.❞ sicheng said, making everyone turn to taeyong who's walking towards his usual seat.

i will eat first and then i'm quitting.

they all laughed at it, of course it was a joke. after all that, everything was back to normal. talking and being loud like the usual. them teasing donghyuck about last night when jeno visited their dorm and stayed the night there. they were even shocked at mark who's not holding his phone. he would usually bring it with him, acting like he'll die without it.

now that you reminded me about it,❞ mark wiped his lips with a tissue and stood up, ❝i'll be back.

they didn't mind him and just continued to talk.

mark made his way to his room and found his phone under his pillow. he turned it on and went to where he had been keeping his imagines of having relationship with haechan. reading it all, he smiled.

he then gathered all the imagines he wrote, all the thoughts he had wrote in his phone. he read each one with a smile plastered on his face. he then decided to let go of everything, he was ready, and didn't hesitate to press the option that would erase everything.

delete.

sighing, mark placed his phone down and went of the room. he left it. he left it with a smile on his face.

he decided not to imagine anymore. the more he imagines, the more he is going to give himself false hope about having a chance with donghyuck. it's already clear he doesn't have a chance, not even a percent. donghyuck loves jeno and jeno loves him back as much as donghyuck loves him. he can't break the two.

if donghyuck found the love of his life then mark would probably find his in the future.

i definitely heard someone singing last night.❞ yuta said, seriously, as if it was some serious news.

doyoung nodded, pointing his chopsticks at yuta, ❝they are singing fly away with me.

mark giggled and joined them in teasing donghyuck the moment he sat down next to the flustered boy, ❝so, did you fly last night?

donghyuck groaned, nudging mark with his elbow, ❝we didn't do anything!

is that so?❞ mark raised a brow.

now all eyes are on donghyuck.

the youngest place a piece of meat inside his mouth, ❝well, we only kissed..

and, did you feel like flying?❞ mark teased, wiggling his brows up and down.

stop it!❞ everyone burst out laughing when donghyuck finally exploded.

we were just playing with you.❞ sicheng said with a smile.

yeah hyuckie,❞ mark pinched the younger's cheeks, ❝we know you guys didn't do it.

donghyuck gave mark a look, ❝wait till i find your boyfriend.❞ he then already thought of something to tease about mark. he would definitely get back at him, making sure that it will make mark cry and regret teasing him.

mark smiled, and he's going to wait for that moment.

wait for his haechan, for his sunshine, to appear in his life.

t b c