1. ✨Identity V X Reader✨: Welcoming

'To (Y/N) (L/N)'

You twisted the letter carefully in your hands, examining the handwriting closely. When was the last time someone sent you a letter? About two years ago. You clipped your nail under the hem of the envelope and ripped it open. To your surprise, it was well presented and fancy looking. You scoffed and flipped it over, thinking maybe some lunatic thought you were rich or something.

'To (Y/N) (L/N),
You are invited to the grand games that we are most famous for. We promise that we will reward you with money and what you desire, for your participation in return.
Otleus Manor Estate
Please attend, for we await your arrival.'

'I don't desire anything.' You said blankly, having half a mind to rip the letter up. A series of thoughts invaded your head;

'Why don't you want to go? It's not like you have anything to lose.'
'You could lose your dignity'
'But I don't care if I lose my dignity'
"I've already lost my dignity!" You said angrily, slapping yourself. "I'm arguing with myself of all people!"
You sighed heavily. If you stayed another day alone in your confined house, you were likely to go insane. So, being the naive young person you were, you decided to go.

The rain trickled down your forehead and you shivered, wrapping your arms around yourself to try and keep warm. The taxi driver had pitched you off ten miles away from the manor insisting that "Its just a little walk." A little walk my ass! You felt a sudden surge of anger towards the man, since he was the reason you were soaking wet and possibly sick. After a 'little walk' you found yourself at the manor. Your jaw unhinged in shock. It was practically a castle! How on earth would you find your way around? You leaned forwards and placed your trembling fingertips on the fancy door, feeling it's fancy design. Then, you slammed on the door as hard as you could several times, in hope for some response. The door slowly creaked open in response, large enough for you to squeeze through. You pushed your way in and the door automatically closed itself. Alright, where did you have to go now? A door to your left had lighting escaping through the gaps, and you heard several voices. A crowd even.

Laughter.
Happiness.
Joy.

You quietly slowly opened the door, and stood in the doorway, awkwardly staring at the large table. Two athletic looking men were laughing and having what seemed to be a tug-of-war, A rich looking girl with purple clothes was spraying perfume on herself, a freckled small girl wearing a hat was practically bouncing off the walls, a woman with her hair tied on one side was staring at you with deep interest, and the rest of the room seemed to be waiting for you to say something.

You twisted your fingers nervously and opened and closed your mouth wordlessly. Staying in a house for five years without talking to anyone went well didn't it?
"H- My-my name is (Y/n),"
You mentally facepalmed. The Small girl with the hat slipped over to you.
"Hi (Y/n)! I was waiting for you for a long time, I really wanted to be friends with you because you seemed so cool and a" The woman with her hair tied silenced her by pressing her finger to her lips. "Hello (Y/n). Please excuse Emma. She is quite 'energetic'. My name is Martha." She smiled at you warmly, and you returned it. The girl spoke again in a pout, "Not fair Marthy! You are not the boss of me- ah oW! Let go of my eaaar!" She squealed as Martha continued to pinch her ear. "I assume the rest of you have forgotten to speak?!" She shouted suddenly at the watching crowd, that murmured in response.

It all happened in a blur.
A man with obvious front teeth introduced himself rather formally to you. The athletic men also greeted you enthusiastically, The woman in purple was actually rather nice, and even gave you some perfume. A man with a surgery mask and neatly combed long hair approached you reluctantly and said "Hi..." (You just giggled at his awkwardness.) A woman who looked like a nurse greeted you as well. However the rest of the introductions were cut short; Emma had dragged you away to the garden, to meet Mr Scarecrow. And after a long day, you all finally went to bed, and a happy feeling rested in your chest.
~