Aqua

I remember all the times when Aqua was good.  I remember her sweet laugh.  I remember her sincerity.  I remember her being balanced.  But being here in this dark place, didn't make her my Aqua anymore.  It made her something she didn't want to be. 

It makes me sad thinking about it.  Her kisses are rougher, same with her touches, and everything else about her.  I miss my Aqua.  I don't want this new version.  It's... disgustingly hot.  And I don't like it.

I watch as her gold eyes roam my body.  I make a strained smile towards her and wave.  She just turns back around and watches the ocean.  At least the ocean here has a beautiful view.  I just stare at it.  Why am I not covered in darkness?  I've been in this hell as long as she was.  So I don't understand.  I didn't notice her approach, I was to busy being burdened.

"Y/n."  Once I realize that she calls my name I ignore her.  "I know you're ignoring me.  Why?"  She asks as I continue.  "Fine then."

"You want to know why?  I miss the Aqua who wasn't so rough and tough on me.  I miss the gentle touches.  I miss everything she was.  Yet, why isn't she here with me?  I don't know because I'm still here.  So just go away until I find a way to escape from this hellish burn."  She's the burn.  She's the flame I've been trying to escape from.  And it burns me on the inside to think about it.  Once I look at her I see a flicker of her old self before it went away.

I was somewhat taken aback.  But she failed to notice.  She reaches out to me and instead of flinching away from her, I let her.  I lean into her soft burning touch.  She may not be mine, but my Aqua is somewhere deep down in that covered darkness.  I just wish she didn't give up so easily.  But I know she's trying to fight it.  Even if it's just a little.

I walk away once she pulls her hand away from my face.  I don't want to see her right now.  So I take my shoes off and go right in the ocean.  Leaving my shoes behind.  I was waist down.  I wonder where that Ansem fellow went off to.  He was interesting to talk to.  He was an intelligent person.  He sounded old and wise.  I look at the sky and notice all the stars are blinked out.  And only the moon was present, shining down brightly.  But instead of that yellow shine, it had a greyish color.  Either way, it was the brightest star here.  I smile and lay back in the water, floating on my back.  I feel a hand grab mine and they grasp mine tightly.  I look over with just my eyes and see Aqua laying there with me.

"You're the only one who makes me feel like me.  Remember that."  I smile and remember all the times we spent together on all those world's.  My eyes start to get teary.  I grab my f/c wayfinder and lift it in the air a little so I can stay afloat.  It shines brightly and I look over to see she did the same.  She's still here.

She gives me that soft rare smile she always does as she hands me my wayfinder.  A secret of our own, something the boys will never know.  And that is the love we share.  Unfortunately it was the last day we would all be under the same stars.

"God you're sometimes a girlI snicker a bit as she puts a serious face on.

"Hey, what does that supposed to mean?"  I laugh at her and the boys went ahead, heading back first.  She looks at her blue wayfinder and looks at me.  I put my hand out and she puts her wayfinder back in her pocket.  She grabs my hand and intertwined them with mine.  I kiss her cheek.