part 1

"It is the hard to let go of the past but harder still to accept the future."-????

Joan of Arc (reader) X France:: Memories of you

                                                                part 1 of 5

        It was the year 1430. The month was May and the day…..has been lost to history, but the memory of it lingers on in the memories of those whose lives it changed forever. As memory serves it was like any other warm summer day. It was neither to hot nor to cold. The breeze rustling the branches and swaying the grass to and fro as it tousled the hair of the two young lovers who laid there side by side amongst the blades. Both wearing the garb of knights in that day and age one a handsome young man with silky blond hair and cerulean blue eyes, appearing to be around the age of nineteen. The other a beautiful young woman with (hair color) hair and (eye color) eyes appearing to be around the age of (your age); which was very strange during this time period.

         Because during the 15th century women were expected to remain home and raise children. Not fight in wars, but this did not stop (your name). She was what people today would call independent. She could take care of herself which was partially why Francis fell in love with her; not to mention he loved her fiery attitude. He knew that she could take care of herself. So, he didn’t have to worry about leaving her behind nor worry about having to protect her. Not that he wouldn’t if the need arouse but still. It meant the world to him to know that when he had to leave she could take care of herself.

        Unlike other men and women of that age Francis liked the fact (your name) was apart of the army. It meant that he didn’t have to leave her behind as much as he would if she were on a farm somewhere. Her being in the army meant that he could spend more time with her. And every second he could he would spend with her. Even if it meant sneaking away to lie with her in the sweet grass that covered the hills not far from their camp; this particular time being the hills out side the town of Compiegne.

        True it was not his smartest idea given that the British army not being far from where they were at the time, but he didn’t care about details like that at the time. He wanted to be alone with her and no one else. She was his true love. No other woman could compared to her beauty in his eyes. Not a one.

        Just thinking of her left the young Frenchmen with a smile on his face which only   grew as he buried his nose in her (soft or smooth?) ( hair color)  hair as he laid beside her. His cerulean blue eyes closed as he took in her sweet scent that he could only compare to the sweetness of milk and honey. He tried to think of some kind of French cuisine; deserts mostly; that could describe her sweet aroma that he loved oh so much. But of course he found none that could compare, as he pressed his lips to the top of her head while the young women he laid beside rested her head upon his chest. Just listening to the sound of his heart roaring like a lion within, as she too took in the scent of her beloved that she knew all too well.

        As always he smelled of fancy French perfumes that seemed out of place in their current setting but blended well with the sweet smell of the grass in which they laid. A small smile gracing her lips as she listen to sound of his heart accelerate as she placed a small kiss underneath his chin. Her short (hair color) hair seeming to glisten as her ( eye color) eyes a lit with mischief. "Is something wrong mon cheri?~" she asked in a sing a way that caused  the young mans face turned a bright shade of red.

        "N-non!" he replied hastily. A little to hastily if you would have asked (your name).

        "Are you sure?~" she asked mischief dripping from her words as she spoke "cause I can think of a few things I could do to make you feel better~" she said as she placed a few kisses down the front of his neck.