part 3

Joan of Arc (reader) X France:: Memories of you

Parts 3

( Time skip to May 30,1431)

            Francis was awoken very abruptly that day. Meet with  a sudden icy cold blast as a bucket of water was dumped on him. “Rise and shine sleeping beauty~ We have to look our best for the big day now don’t we? ~” called one of the guards with a sinister smile etched into his face. Sitting up Francis looked into the mirror that the guard had given him never in his life had the young Frenchman looked so haggard. He had circles under his eyes his hair was a mess and he had stubble visible on his chin. He fixed himself up the best he could and once the guard was satisfied with his appearance he dragged him out of the cell and down the hall to the cell in which his beloved resided. “You have five minutes to say your good byes” stated the guard shoving him into the cell

            “F-Francis?” asked (your name)

            “(Y-your name)?” asked Francis not believing his eyes as he embraced her.

            “Mon Deiu Francis what did they do to you?” asked ( your name) placing her hands on both sides of his face looking him over.

            “Don’t worry about me.” Stated Francis “what did they do to you? They didn’t hurt you again did they?!”

            “Non mon cher they didn’t” she replied resting her head on his chest. Enjoying the closeness as she took in the scent she had known all to well for what she knew would be the last time.

            “I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry!” he repeated over and over again burying his face in her hair as he held her as close as he could without hurting her.

            “Mon cher” stated ( your name) placing a finger on his lips which made him fall silent almost immediately. “Please just let me enjoy this…I don’t want the last words we say to each other to be an apology.”

            “R-right…” replied Frances running his thumb along his jaw line “ I can’t think of anything to say… I thought about all the things I was going to tell you on my here but now their gone.”

            “Oui, I know…the same thing happened to me…” She replied looking up at him trying to memorize his face as his hand cupped her cheek as he tried to memorize hers. “You know you look rather handsome with that little bit of stubble on your chin.” she stated as she pressed her lips to his.

         “I think your beautiful no matter what” he replied wrapping his arms around her waist drawing her closer to him as her arms found their way round his neck. It didn’t move on from there. They just stood there. Lips locked neither one wanting the moment to end nor wanting it to change into something more. For they knew that the second this kiss ended it would be time to say good bye.

           “Times up!” called the guard from out side the cell as the two separated.

          “Je t'aime” stated Francis resting his forehead against (your name’s). Just as she was about to reply the guard came into the room and separated them

         “Come on you two that’s enough.” stated the guard pulling Francis away from her.

            “Non! Wait please! Just a moment longer!” cried Francis as his hand ripped from the grasp of his beloved as he was dragged away.

        “Shut up!” yelled the guard as he bludgeoned Francis one good time over the head.

          “Just a moment more…..please….” whispered Francis as he lost consciousness.