Chapter Four

Warnings: Cussing
Chapter: Four
Creator of AU: Rqvioli

Fights happen.
And there isn't much we can do to prevent them from happening.
Not everyone can agree on things.
And nothing can forever be 'just peachy'.
It won't be long before you fuck something up.
But that's normal.
It happens to everyone.
We're all human.

The night of the fight
~

"I cannot believe you!" He yelled, tears streaming down his face. His vision was blurred. His heart ached. Everything hurt. He turned away from the other and hid his face with his shaking hands. The Android who broke his heart gently lay his hand onto the human's shoulder, but it was quickly shrugged off. "Get- Get away fr-from me!" The voice was broken and scratchy.

The Android obeyed.

"I'm sorry, Gavin..." he whimpered. The human growled under his breath, and he stood there unmoving.

"No. You aren't sorry." The human finally said. He removed his hands from his face and turned back to the Android. He sniffled and wiped his eyes with a sleeve. His body was shaking uncontrollably. The Android sighed.

"You're overreacting. Let's please just try to discuss everything. Like adults." The Android suggested while taking a careful step towards his boyfriend, who would probably end up just being his ex. "I didn't think you'd get so upset about it. You told me yourself, Gavin... I need to figure out what I am. Who I am." He paused, and then continued. "I love you. But I wanted to... explore my other options."

"Conan... that isn't what I meant." Gavin averted his gaze from Conan. "You could've at least told me though. So I would be prepared. You can explore your options all you want." His vision started to blur with the tears again. "But I thought that... I thought that you wanted for this to be official. Just the two of us. Together." He held his breath, thinking hard. "But you never told me what you really wanted. You just let me.." he stopped talking.

"Look, I'm sorry. Let's just start over." Conan sighed. "But I seriously thought you would be okay with this."

"Do you love her?" Gavin asked him.

"What?"

"Do you love her? The girl you... the girl." Gavin Asked, laughing sadly. Conan shook his head.

"No. It was a one-time thing. She knows it too." Conan replied. "I have no feelings for her. Heck, I barely know her. Not like I know you. I want us to be a thing." Gavin clenched his fists.

"So you just- you fucked some lady you don't know? Some lady you don't love? And you want us to be together? You want me to just forget this ever happened?"

"Gavin... you're making it sound bad."

"Jesus Christ, Conan! This whole thing is bad!" Gavin yelled, causing the Android to flinch. "You could've just told me that-" he burst into more tears.

Conan embraced him. Gavin pushed away. "No. Get... get out of here." Gavin shooed him away.

...
...
...

Conan obeyed.

Present Day
~

"Conan!" Connor sang cheerfully while slamming the door open and swinging the pet carrier. The overjoyed Android's younger brother groaned and lifted his head off of the pillow to glare at Connor.

"What is it?" He asked Connor, who sat down at the foot of the bed. Connor put the carrier on the ground next to the bed.

"You will not believe the day I had!" Connor started. "I was at the mall looking for something that you would like. The guy up front was super weird and unprofessional, but provided the purrfect gift!" Conan wasn't really paying attention to Connor's story, but he tired to be a good brother and pretend he was enjoying it. "So then I dropped by at a Starbucks and bought some coffee for us! I got myself this really delicious cake pop and some really sugary and sweet coffee..." he sighed happily. "And I got you what you always wanted whenever we went out with Gavin for coffee." Conan cringed at his ex's name. "Speaking Of Gavin, I saw him!"

There was a gasp from the younger Android, and he sat up. "You did?" Gavin hadn't been seen by anyone working at the Detroit Police Department for days. There was no need to file a missing persons report since Gavin did tell them before quitting work that he would be working elsewhere, and living with his family.

"Yeah! He took your coffee..." Connor frowned. "But at least he didn't take the special gift I bought for you with my own money!"

"Did you both talk? Was he okay? How does he feel?" Conan asked all sorts of questions. Questions that Connor couldn't exactly answer.

"Something was wrong. He seemed... off?" He shook his head and chuckled. "But that doesn't matter! He seemed fine. The only problem was that he was pretending not to know me. But enough of that! You need to see what's in the carrier!"

Connor leaned down and picked up the carrier. With a grunt, he placed it on the bed.

Conan stared at Connor confusedly. Was Gavin still upset? So upset that he would go as far to pretend he didn't know Connor? Conan shrugged it off. Gavin was just being childish. It wasn't uncommon for him to be that way.

Conan scooted closer to the carrier and opened it. He peered inside, and felt himself smile. "Really?" He asked. "You... got me a cat?" Connor nodded.

"Yeah! She cost quite a lot... especially since she had to be reprogrammed." Connor informed him. "But that doesn't matter! Do you like her?"

"Yes..." that wasn't a lie. He really meant it. He gently pulled the Android from the carrier and placed her on his lap. He gently stroked her synthetic fur. "What's her name?"

"Smokey." Connor pressed his index finger to the Android cat's LED on the side of her temple, activating her. The Persian blinked her eyes open and started to load up.

When that was done with, the cat looked up at Conan with bright eyes. Eyes full of curiosity. She meowed, her LED flashing from Yellow to blue after having scanned her new owner. Conan continued to stroke her fur.

"I love her already."