Chapter Ten

Warnings: Nothing much to worry about, really. Just cussing.
Chapter: Ten
Creator of AU: Rqvioli

That was fair enough. Conan kind of saw that coming. He rubbed his cheek gently with his hand, the same cheek where he had been slapped by None other than Gavin Reed. He looked at him quietly and then chuckled. "I deserved that..."

"Fuck yeah, you did." Gavin agreed. He popped his knuckles and tilted his head up at Conan, eyes narrowed and eyebrows furrowed. "Who said you could kiss me?"

Conan shrugged. "I figured you'd be okay with it... I thought that you finally forgiven me for cheating on you and... I don't know, really. I figured that you'd be okay with it." Gavin looked a little confused now. He raised an eyebrow at the droid, meeting his gaze.

"Cheated?" He asked. "Look bud, I slapped you because you thought it would be a good idea to kiss me after a simple hug that was meant to calm you down. I don't know shit about any cheating or... apologies." He raised his hands up in defeat and chuckled, taking a step or two back. "This has nothin to do with whatever bullcrap you're making up."

Beck spoke up before Conan could question anything with a; "he really doesn't know much. I tried talking to him in the car. He doesn't know you, he doesn't know me, and he doesn't know the DPD. Not that he should know me, of course. I'm just... ha..." her voice faded away when Conan frowned and for a second she worried that he'd start crying again, but no. He took a deep breath and shook his head slowly in disappointment.

"I don't have time for any of these silly games. Connor already warned me about what you'd pull, Gav. there's no need to fake anything. I'm not faking anything." He pointed out. Gavin scoffed at this, rolling his dark storm cloud colored eyes.

"Look, I seriously don't know you. I don't know any of you." He wanted oh so badly to tell them all about how he'd been forgetting things lately, but he decided not to think about that right now. What was important was telling Conan that Gavin did /not/ know him.

Apart from weird dreams of course, but that wasn't important, really. Not yet at least.

"This is my first time meeting you both-" Gavin gestured to Beck, who had been quiet for quite a while now. "You all must have me confused for someone else. I'm sorry that this detective had a shitty relationship with you or whatever, but that's not me." He said calmly.

Conan stared at Gavin in disbelief, wanting oh so badly to shout at him for faking this crap and making silly excuses. But he just stared at him.

"I'm leaving now." Gavin announced. "I'm going home." He turned away from Conan, looked over at Beck one last time, and started to walk away.

"Gavin, Wait! I can prove it to you! I can prove that you know me and that you're faking this!" He called to him, speed walking after him. Conan had a pretty good idea of what was really going on, but he didn't want to believe it. It was impossible, right? Only androids could have memory wipes. But then again, Gavin was going a fantastic job of acting like he didn't know Conan. Maybe he really didn't? Maybe something did happen? It wasn't hard for an Android like Conan to fit the pieces together like he was now.

As he chased after Gavin, he grabbed a framed image of he and his lover by a large tree, the same tree with the carved heart and initials. That was the only way he could show it right now. That stupid, childish photo. He heard Beck following after them, but he didn't have time to scold her right now. Not when Gavin was trying to get away again, and leave his life forever.

"Gavin, please! Look!" Gavin didn't look. He didn't have time for this. He saw dream guy in real life, and now he was done. He was out of here. Going home and never coming back to these crazy people. He didn't want to believe any of what they said, because all of it was stupid and fake and unbelievable.

So he didn't answer. He just walked out of the precinct, not even glancing at the confused lady at the front desk when she asked if he was okay.

And then he remembered how he didn't have his own ride home. Beck drove him here, and she probably wouldn't drive him back without Conan having something to say about it. He groaned in frustration and stopped near her car, pulling out his phone and quickly dialing his cousin, prepared to ask for a ride.

Before he could actually call her though, Conan came out the doors and went straight up to Gavin, looking confused and hurt. "Gavin, please. I love you. I don't even care if you don't at this point. I really wouldn't be surprised. I just want you to stop acting like a kid and talk to me like the grown man you are." He begged. "Please, just look at it and tell me that's you. We both know it's you." He offered the framed image to Gavin, who was staring at his phone, eyebrows furrowed.

He didn't want to look. As tempting as it was, he just couldn't. This was stupid! He didn't have to do anything! Conan was being a jerk by not leaving Gavin alone. Gavin's life was none of this asshole's business.

But slowly, he found himself moving his gaze to the photograph. Yep. That was him. Gavin was in the image with Conan. And they looked so happy together.
Gross. Faked. Conan had to be some creepy cop spying on his life or something. He glared up at Conan, deciding to believe that Conan /was/ some creep, even though he knew it wasn't true.

"You don't know what you're talking about. You don't know me. You are thinking of someone el-" Gavin was cut off by Conan's broken voice.

"Shut up! You could ask anyone here at the DPD, and they'd say it's you, Gavin! You know that you are This Gavin Reed, the same Gavin Reed in this picture." His expression softened at Gavin, and then he looked down at the picture, feeling like he'd probably cry again. "I just don't get it. Why would you forget it? All we've been through? All of the good and all of the bad things that we have experienced together? That was special, Gavin. I just don't get why you'd throw that all away."

Gavin turned his phone off, and stuffed it into one of the provided pockets of his jeans. He stared at the picture, and opened his mouth to speak. And that's when he heard Beck finally come over. He looked up at her and she froze.

"Take me home. Now. I'd like to go home now. Or at least back to my workplace. I can drive myself." He ordered. She looked up at Conan, and then back to Gavin. She didn't say a word. It was like she was afraid of Conan's reaction. She knew he would never physically hurt her, but it was already hard enough to deal with her grumpy partner hating her.

"I am begging you... please Gavin. I just want you back. Boyfriend or not, I need you back." He pleaded. Gavin looked at the sad Android, almost feeling bad for it. The thing lost a lot, huh?

This was all so confusing to Gavin, because Conan lost 'Gavin'. But Gavin was here, and he didn't know Conan. See? Confusing.

Conan let his hand fall to his side as he stared into Gavin's beautifully tired eyes. The man stared back at him, not looking as angry as he was before.

"I don't know who you are. I really don't. But at the same time, I feel like I do." Gavin finally confessed. "Look, it's a long story, but I think I have time to tell you it." He glanced at Beck, who nodded, knowing exactly what he was going to tell Conan. The same thing he told her. Finally, Gavin gave in. He was going to tell Conan about the dreams. About forgetting. He was going to tell Conan everything he knew about the situation.
"We should go back inside... you might need to sit down for this."

Yknow it's kinda funny how the real Reed900 stuff happens around chapter 9 or 10 lmao-
Anyways, before anyone asks, Conan is not a bad Man. He doesn't hurt Beck. He just makes her wish she had a partner like Connor or something. Conan's personality change is due to the breakup.
It's complicated.
Anyways, they're all gonna figure out what's wrong with Gavin in the next chapter, and then they'll go from there.

Thanks again for reading! I hope you guys like it enough to read more ^-^