Chapter Eight

Warnings: Cussing, some backstory on the cult, and a bit of Gavin starting to remember.. or at least realize his mind was erased.
Chapter: Seven
Creator of AU: Rqvioli

They all sat there waiting for Gavin to come home. Each of the masked and hooded figures were armed with guns and other weapons. They were all ready for the male to arrive. It would be easy. They'd kill him, hide the body, rid of the weapons, and rid of any proof that they were even there in the first place.

Vulture was crouched on the living room floor, a large knife in hand. A few feet away from him stood Bunny, who was leaning against a wall with a pistol in each hand.

As for Fox, he sat on the couch petting a robotic dog in his lap. It was an Android mutt, an attack dog- a guard dog. Whatever Fox wanted it to be. The creature's fur was deactivated so there'd be no traces of them being there.

If they were to leave as much as a strand of hair, they risked everything.
Their jobs, their families, their own lives. And they really didn't want to lose any of that.
For hours, they stayed absolutely silent. For hours they stayed in the exact same spot waiting for their prey. For hours they stayed hungry, thirsty, and sleepy. But they didn't dare move from their spots or speak a word.

That would risk everything. They all felt like eating. They all had the urge to fall asleep and wait until morning to do this. They all needed a drink of water. But they all knew that if they were to do as much as leave the room to piss, they'd risk missing out on something.

If they were all distracted with something else, they'd lose their opportunity to kill their target. If they were to do anything, they risked their lives. Their leader could find out and have them executed.
Nobody wanted to be executed.

So they stayed there waiting. The only sound in the house was the small hops and rustles coming from Bunny's pet, Floofy Tail. She loved that thing.
The moment she heard back that she was allowed to take her pet with her on this mission to keep Gavin from knowing things he shouldn't, she almost cried tears of joy!
She was so glad to find that when she joined this lovely cult, they let her have the code name 'Bunny'.
McKayla just wouldn't work for her. Besides, Bunny was cute. Or she thought so, at least. The sixteen year old didn't mind being called the name of her favorite animal.

As for vulture, the oldest in the group, his name was given to him by their /amazing/ leader. The very secretive leader of the cult gave him the name thinking that it would sound scarier and more intimidating.
Vulture's first code name was... interesting to say the least. He was glad to have had it changed.

As for Fox, oh man. He never even tried to hide his backstory. He was always the kind of man who couldn't keep a damn secret. It was a mystery as to why the great cult leader thought Fox was able to be in charge of one of the mini groups.
Heck, it was a surprise as to why he was even in this cult.

The youngest member was probably way more trustworthy than him.
And the nameless mutt? That thing wasn't important. Nobody in Fox's team cared for the plastic machine. All it was to them? A weapon. A literal killing machine. Like a barking gun with a strong bite.

The breed was a Lurcher. And it was a pretty cute one too. Designed to appear male, designed to hunt, and designed to obey all commands. Like any good little android. Scars littered the canine's body, a majority of the scars being there from unknown reasons.

The dog was specifically used for killing and it hadn't been activated in years. So having it here now was special. Fox felt proud to have it here, at least.
as the dog stayed alert while Fox pet him, Bunny and Vulture continued to wait patiently for Gavin to arrive home.