one

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

EIGHT LETTERS

CHAPTER ONE [ N A T A L I A ]

CHAPTER ONE
[ N A T A L I A ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

NATALIA'S EXPERIENCED A lot of weird things in her life. She was basically the only child of a maiden Goddess, went on a quest on a flying dragon with three of her best friends, got turned to gold, saw Grover in a wedding dress about to get married to a Cyclops, and even watched Rachel Elizabeth Dare defeat Kronos with a blue plastic hairbrush. But an exploding statue? That was a new one.

Leo had built their flying airship, the Argo II, along with the rest of the Hephaestus Cabin for this quest. The Great Prophecy had begun, and all Natalia Flynn, Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, Annabeth Chase, and Coach Gleeson Hedge needed to do was go to the Roman Camp and get Percy Jackson. Excitement fluttered through Natalia when she realized that she would be seeing her best friend soon.

After Annabeth had confirmed the plan with the rest of the crew, everyone got into their places. While Leo manned the ship with his Wii remotes, Piper was practicing her lines with her charmspeak. Meanwhile, Jason stood in visible sight to all. Natalia moved to stand next to him, looking up at him as she did so. He wore an orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, jeans, and a purple cloak, symbolizing his old rank as Praetor.

"It'll be okay," Natalia said, noticing his hand was gripping his sword so tight that his knuckles were turning white. She put her own hand on top of it, and felt it release its tension. "They'll recognize you."

"I'm not nervous about them recognizing me. I'm nervous about—"

"Reyna?" Natalia answered for him.

Jason looked down at her with a sorry expression. "Nat . . ."

"Jason, I told you, I'm fine with her already. I get it, you used to be close. But that won't stop me from lo . . . liking you."

Why can't I say it? Natalia asked to herself, clearing her throat and looking forwards. Gods of Olympus, I'm going out of my mind.

Jason went to respond when suddenly, the Camp came into view. Evidence of their recent battle was shown, and Natalia noticed many of the land marks Jason told her about. Romans emerged from buildings, staring at the warship. Jason gulped and grabbed Natalia's hand for real this time. She looked back up at him and gave it a small squeeze.

Suddenly, BOOM!

"Shit!" Natalia yelled, clearly startled.