five

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

EIGHT LETTERS

CHAPTER FIVE[ N A T A L I A ]

CHAPTER FIVE
[ N A T A L I A ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

JASON GRACE IS an idiot.

No matter how much Natalia liked him (well, loved, but that was for another time), she couldn't deny that he was clueless sometimes. Getting hit in the head with a brick? He really needed to be aware of his surroundings.

But one problem nagged her mind; would he be okay when he woke up? They had given him nectar and ambrosia, but that brick hit him pretty hard. He had memory loss before, but if it happened again — that would be the worst thing that'd ever happen to him.

Natalia sat by his side in his cabin, gently rubbing her thumb back and forth on his hand, a thought appearing in her head. She was completely bored out of her mind, and Piper had told her that her blade, Katoptris, could show visions. The two had a close bond — not as close as the one she shared with Annabeth, but they were close enough to tell each other their problems. After Natalia had kissed Jason in front of the entire Camp, she had a long talk with Piper about her old crush on Jason. Piper had reassured her that she didn't like Jason like that anymore and that she definitely supported them. Natalia would be forever grateful for that.

She cleared her throat, making up her mind. "Hey, Pipes, can I see your knife?"

The girl, sitting on the opposite side of the cabin, looked up at her with a worried expression. "Nat, you never know what it'll show—"

"It's okay," Natalia said. She'd had worse visions lately. "Please."

Piper sighed and stood up, walking across the room and sitting next to the girl. She unsheathed her blade and handed it to Natalia. Natalia took the wooden handle, it feeling extremely unfamiliar to her. She liked her bow and arrow much better.

At first, all she saw was her and Piper's reflection. Then, light rippled across the metal. She saw a crowd of Roman Demigods gathered in the forum. That annoying kid Octavian was speaking to the mob while shaking his fist, probably yelling We need to kill those Greeks!

Reyna, the Praetor, stood to one side, her face tight with a suppressed emotion. Bitterness? Anger? Natalia didn't know.

She had an open mind about Reyna. Jason spoke very highly of her, and Natalia wanted to like her. Reyna lived up to her expectations, and Natalia admired how she kept her emotions in check.