twenty-six

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

EIGHT LETTERS

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX[ N A T A L I A ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
[ N A T A L I A ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"ARE WE READY?" Coach Hedge asked, an excited look on his face.

Natalia's stomach bubbled with nerves. She had eaten as much ambrosia as she could without burning up, and the pain in her foot had subsided. It was now a numb throb, but she could walk on it now (well, not really, but she liked to pretend that she could).

"Uh, I guess so," she said, squeezing Jason's hand a little. "Go ahead."

He pushed the button to fire the ballista, and it crashed into the ground, making a big hole in the parking lot. Cars fell through it, and she heard the yelp of Annabeth from here. Natalia flinched, but her eyes widened at the view of a gold glow shining throughout the cavern.

The Athena Parthenos.

Gods, she had never thought she would actually see it. She could feel its power radiating from here.

She shook her head. "Come on, we have to go get Annabeth."

Her and Percy ran towards the deck and leaned over the rail. "Annabeth!" Percy called.

"Here!" the familiar voice of Annabeth sobbed.

Natalia smiled at the sight of her. Her foot looked hurt, and she was missing her backpack and dagger, but other than that, she looked all right. Natalia inwardly took a sigh of relief.

The rope ladder lowered. Percy was the first one down, and ran over to Annabeth, wrapping his arms around her. Natalia began to run over to them, slightly limping.

"Careful, Nat," Jason called from the bottom of the ladder. "Don't hurt your foot."

"I'm fine," she responded.

She really wasn't fine, but she didn't focus on that.

She made it over to Annabeth, who let go of Percy and threw her arms around the girl. Annabeth cried into her neck, and Natalia blinked back tears, softly rubbing the blonde's back.

"It's okay, Anna," Natalia said quietly. "Everything's okay."

Natalia let go of Annabeth as Piper kneeled next to her, inspecting her Bubble Wrap cast. "Your leg. Oh, Annabeth, what happened?"