Eight

"Katsuki, bro, are ya awake?" Kirishima asked as he stepped into the room. He was nervous. How much did he remember?
"Uh...hey?" Bakugou looked up from his bed, blinking slowly. "You are?"
"Your boyfriend." Kaminari threw his arm over Kirishima's shoulders.
"Wait...can we talk?" Kirishima pulled his friend back out of the room.
"What?" Kaminari asked, feinting innocence.
"What the fuck was that?"
"He can't reject you if he thinks you're already dating." Kaminari explained, face smug.
"That's not...it's mean...he doesn't even remember anything. He's gonna be pissed when his memory comes back."
"Then get out before it does. I'm giving you a chance to date him a little bit, just to see what it's like. Maybe he'll fall in love with you back."
"Kaminari...this isn't right...it's not manly..." Kirishima put his hands in his pockets. "We're lying to him..."
"Dude, would you rather leave him alone to deal with this?"
"No, but I don't have to be his boyfriend for that."
"I'm giving you a chance at it. You can go in there and say I was joking or you can take it."
Kirishima swallowed. "Go home, Kaminari."
"Fine. But you're coming to my wedding, got it?"
"I'll try."
Kaminari finger gunned, walking away backwards. "Good luck."
Kirishima sighed, walking back into the hospital room. Bakugou looked back up at him, confusion on his face. "So...boyfriend?" His eyes were focused, trying to figure this situation out. It was a familiar expression, one he missed dearly.
Maybe this would be a good chance to see what it would be like to date Bakugou. He felt awful doing it, but right now he would give anything to ease the numbness in his heart.
"Y-yeah. Boyfriend."
"Damn...I must be lucky or something..."
Kirishima's breath hitched. "N-no...I'm the lucky one."
Bakugou laughed softly, the sound ringing pleasantly in Kirishima's ears.
Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all.
"So...you're gonna help me remember, right?"
"Yes." Kirishima sat down on the bed, biting his lip gently.
"When can we go home?" Bakugou's fingers slid into Kirishima's. They were so warm and comfortable.
"In an hour. They're just filling out paperwork." He tightened his grip on the blond's fingers. This felt like it was meant to be, not the lie that it really was.
"And then we can go home?"
"Yeah." It occurred to Kirishima that he didn't even know where Bakugou lived. That was a problem.
He pulled his phone out of his pocket and got up from the bed. "Sorry. I just need to call some people and let them know you're okay."
"Oh...okay...come back soon?"
"I'll be right back. Don't worry." Kirishima slipped out of the room, looking down at his phone screen. He had no contacts from high school, especially not ones who would know where Bakugou lived. But luckily he had all his contacts from his last phone and one of them could get him in touch with somebody who could help.
"This is All Might's hero agency. How may I help you?" The receptionist asked the moment his call was picked up.
"Uh...I'm a friend of Izuku Midoriya. Do you think you could patch me into him?" Kirishima shifted nervously, hoping this was allowed.
"I'll send your name over, but it's up to him if he wants to take the call." The secretary explained. "Can I have your name?"
"Kirishima...Eijirou Kirishima." Would Midoriya even remember him? They had been friends for a while, but Midoriya hung out with some of the top heroes in the city. Surely he wouldn't remember some small fry from high school whose quirk was mediocre. But it was a start. He needed to know where Bakugou lived in order to keep up this charade.
The call switched quicker than he expected. He hadn't thought Midoriya would pick up at all.
"Kirishima! It's been ages!" Midoriya sounded just as cheerful as Kiri remembered.
"Hey...uhm...Bakugou got in a little accident and can't remember where he lives...do you have an address?"
"You don't know? I thought you two were best friends."
"It's a long story." He realized that by doing this, Midoriya would catch onto him not actually dating Bakugou, which could pose some problems later, but he didn't know what else to do.
"Well, you know that apartment building on the other side of the bridge from the hospital?"
Kirishima nodded. "Yeah."
"He's in apartment number sixteen. It's on the second floor."
"Thank you..." Kirishima hung up before anymore questions were asked.
Why the hell did Kaminari get him in this situation?