Twelve

"Duuude!! You made it!" Kaminari greeted the moment he caught eyes with Kirishima at the reception. "I saw you in the crowds but I couldn't say hi because I was busy being married. Can you believe it? Married!"
Kirishima laughed. "No. I really can't."
"Come with me. I need to show you something." Kaminari pulled on Kirishima's arm. The redhead threw back an apologetic look at Bakugou who looked very much out of his element.
"Sorry Bakugou! This is a secret between bros." Kaminari said, waving as he pulled Kirishima along the dance floor to the bathroom.
"Still putting up the act, then?"
"Yeah..." Kirishima sighed. "He's not himself yet, ya know. He's still soft..."
"That's just who he is now, Kirishima."
"Huh?"
"You didn't think he could go three years and not change at all, right?" Kaminari sat up on the sinks. "I don't know if it was his mom dying or working with Best Jeanist, but, like I said, he kind of broke down."
"I had no idea."
"You really don't watch the news, do you?"
"Not really, no."
"That's a bad habit to keep if you're a hero, dude."
"I know..." Kirishima leaned against one of the stalls. "It just feels weird...every time I look at the news I see you guys...and you've all come so far. And I'm proud of you guys, I really am, but it just reminds me that I haven't really changed at all. I haven't grown."
Kaminari was silent for a moment, filling the air with tension. "I don't know what to say, dude."
Kirishima shrugged. "It's fine. It's not your fault or anything."
"I wish I could do more to help. You're, like, one of my best friends."
"I know..." Kirishima stood up straight again, "we should get back to the party. You don't want to abandon your wife on your wedding day over something stupid like this."
"It's not stupid." Kaminari insisted.
"It's not worth ruining your wedding, either." Kirishima shot back. He stuck his hands in the pockets of his dress pants, walking out of the bathroom before Kaminari could say anything else.
"Ei, there you are!" Bakugou greeted him as soon as he returned to the party. He was surrounded by Sero and Mina. "Our friends are here!"
The way Bakugou said "our friends" really threw Kirishima for a loop. Even back in high school, Bakugou only ever called them "your friends" or, more commonly, "your idiot friends".
So hearing Bakugou say that, hearing him claim them as friends of the pair, was really strange. Bakugou hadn't thought of them as his friends in his life.
"You two look so cute in your matching suits." Mina cooed. None of them seemed to catch onto the lie. Not even Mina who thought Kiri had chickened out of confessing. Maybe she thought he had confessed recently or something.
She was definitely a danger to the fake boyfriends thing.
Unless Kaminari had filled them in...
"Ei picked them out for us. He's really good at it." Bakugou smirked at Kirishima, making his heart beat in overdrive.
"Careful, you're gonna give him a heart attack." Sero laughed. "I've never seen him that red before."
"He's not used to you complimenting him." Mina chuckled.
"Guess I need to build up his immunity." Bakugou leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.
He turned even redder.
"Bro, we're not out to the world yet..." He stammered.
"Maybe we should be."
"What?"
"Maybe we should be out."
"Katsuki..." This was bad. If they were out, if people know they were dating, it would blow up in his face when Bakugou got his memory back. Everybody would know what he did and he would never live it down. The media would be all over something like that and it would probably make it hard for Kirishima to do anything again. He'd probably be shamed out of being a hero until he had to retire before he had even begun.
"Eijirou Kirishima, will you marry me?"
"I..." Oh god. This was a disaster. "Can I...can I think about it?" He didn't want to get in a fight in front of all these people.
"What's there to think about? You wanna be with me forever, right?"
"I mean...of course...but being out to the world..." Kirishima swallowed. Mina and Sero were staring at them. "Plus, this is one of my best friend's wedding. We shouldn't do this here."
Katsuki swallowed. "Yeah...good point..." His voice cracked, and a strong truth hit Kirishima as hard as his skin when he activated his quirk.
This little game needed to end soon. He didn't think he would be able to take it if it didn't.