Can't Get Enough Of You (7)

~Penelope's Point Of View~

   Brenda, my arch enemy since childhood is standing in my door way with MY Ross' arm wrapped around her waist. "Penelope? Hello? So are you going to let us in?" Ross asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. My eyes met his and it instantly broke my heart more. I breathed in and, with all my power, plastered a fake smile onto my face.

  "Of course. Come in," I said, gritting my teeth. I opened the door wider for them to enter. They entered the room and they followed me to the living room. By the time i made my time there I grabbed Cassidee and Rydel and dragged them into the in-home theater. 

  "Why didn't you tell me that his date was my arch enemy, Brenda Sutton?!" I asked pointing the question directly to Rydel.

  "I-I didn't know! I didn't even know that he knew that she existed! I thought she was still in Colorado!" Rydel said, raising her hands in defence. I growled and was clenched my hands into fists.

 "I hate her! And she always take everything I want! I swear I will kill someone tonight! Make sure she doesn't press any of my buttons or I will kill her!" I yell.

 Cassidee and Rydel nod and walk out of the room. I stay there for a few more seconds until I know I'm calm. Then walk to the living room. "Hey Penny! You okay?" Riker asks.

 I smile and reply, "Yeah. I'm fine," I say as nicely as I can while trying not to get mad when I see Brenda touching Ross behind Riker.

  The doorbell rings and I race to open it. I sigh in relief when I see Ben in the doorway trying to look sexy. I roll my eyes and hug him. "Hey babe," he says.

  Ben is my best friend. He was my first boyfriend when I was in fifth grade and we were almost as close as Ross and I. Even though we broke up we're still really close and he sometimes calls me babe or kisses me on the cheek or things like that. He acts like he's still my boyfriend. But I'm cool with it. And he's cool with it if i do the same thing back.

  "Hey! I thought you weren't going to show up! I'm glad you're here!" I say and take his hand, leading him into the living room where everyone is. "Hey guys! Ben's here!" 

  Ben laughs and waves. He then gives me a kiss on the cheek and I blush. "Um, should I be worried that your arch enemy, Brenda is in the room?" Ben whispers.

 "Maybe. But stay close just in case I blow my top," I whisper back. He nods and holds my hand. I look at our intertwined fingers and smile and squeeze it a bit. I look up at Ross and his jaw is clenched and I see a flash of hurt in his eyes but it quickly goes away. 

  Brenda comes over to me and she puts something behind her. "Hi Penelope. I got you something since we haven't seen in each other in years." She takes out a bouquette of flowers and gives it to me. I take them and smell them.

  "Thanks Brenda. They're beautiful!" I say. Maybe the war between Brenda and I is over. You know since we've grown up.  Maybe she actually wants to be friends with- oh never mind. She walks away and gives Ross a quick peck on the lips. My blood boiled and Ben noticed. He squeezed my hand harder and whispered into my ear.

  "Calm down, babe. She's just trying to get a rise out of you. Don't let her get a rise out of you. Now calm down and have fun," he whispered. I smiled and shook my head. I went up to him and gave him a kiss. 

   He's so sweet! Too bad he isn't the one who I'm in love with. No, that guy is in the middle of the room making out with a slut. Ugh! Why?! I HATE BRENDA!

   Cassidee calls me over and I walk over to them. My vision blurs and I can't see straight. I lose my balance and almost fall but Ben catches me. "You okay?" he asks, a bit of concern in his voice.I blink a few times until my eyes focused and my vision was clear.