not at home

Susie and Kris ran with everything they had, almost tripping over themselves for running too carelessly. Kris was running fast, but it was especially Susie who was sprinting until her legs hurt. She was growling and tripping over herself as tears stung at the back of her eyes.

  Kris sighed at Susie's current state, not knowing what to say or what to do to make things better. All he could do was hope that (Y/n) was home and that she could forgive Susie for what she (hadn't really) done.

  When the house came into view Susie sprinted even faster, banging as loudly on the door as possible. She panted whilst leaning on the tree railing when Kris caught up to her, also panting furiously. They could hear a pair of feet from the other side of the door breathing out in relief when none other than Sans the Skeleton opened the door. " yes..?" He asked, his deep voice laced with confusion.

  " Is *pant* (Y/n) *pant* home *more panting*." She heaved while trying to catch her breath, a nauseous feeling rising from her stomach.

  " i'm sorry kiddo, haven't seen her since she left for school this morning." That answer was not what Susie had hoped for. She crouched down, letting out a short sob with a following sniffle, her usual flare thrown out the window. " hey, hey kid. what's up?" Sans asked, crouching down with a hand on Susie's back. She tensed for a moment, later relaxing into the feeling of his bony hands on her upper back.

  " It-it was all just a misunderstanding-! I-she-Noelle! She kissed me in front of (Y/n) even when she knew (Y/n) likes me and i like her! We aren't a thing or anything like that yet but.. i- i-" She trailed off, streams if tears falling down her royal purple cheeks. Sans shushed her, smiling lazily.

  " now, now kiddo. ya see- i've known (Y/n) since she was about this big," He put his hand at one quarter of the way up the doorframe. " and i know for a fact, that she's a kind and understanding kid. she's never been a bully and has never cared for hurting others. speak your mind in front of her and she smile and give you a hug. she's sweet, but she's also very fragile." His eyes looked straight into Susie's with sympathy. " she can take things the wrong way, but can also be extremely hurt by the most minor of things. she loves you, which is why she got so hurt, give her time and i promise that it'll all work out in the end. she'll come home sooner or later and when she does i'll talk to her about it, okay?" Sans gave Susie one final pat on the back before standing up. Susie got up too, wiping her tears away with her jacket.

  " Thank you Sans." Susie smirked half-heartedly, giving the skeleton a thankful thumbs up. He just waved it off and smiled.

  " it was nothing. just give it time and everything will be back to normal. maybe even better."