on top of the hill

When the colors returned, Susie sat in a field feeling slightly nauseuos. She looked around, confused of course, only to stare staight at (Y/n).

  (Y/n)'s eyes were red and puffy, a smile playing on her lips. " Hi." She croaked out. After only one day the two seemed like strangers.

  " Uhh.. hey." Susie awkwardly said back,looking at (Y/n) with a questioning glance. " Why'd you take me here..? And at that; where are we?" She cocked a brow, watching (Y/n)'s lips curl.

" We're at the highest point in town, i came here on my first day to see over the city. It calms me down when i feel down." She spoke softly, eyes glancing back at the town down below.

Susie's eyes were big and wavering, tounge tied like never before. (Y/n) was tall and confident, usually standing up for what she stood for without backing down.

  But now..

  Her under eyes were baggy, as if she'd been crying for days instead of a mere 24 hours. Her shoulders were slouched and her arms were crossed in the most self-concious way there was. And her eyes.. those usually big and bright pools of (e/c) looked dull and hurt, looking anywhere but at Susie.

Susie didn't know what to say. She didn't really think that apologizing would take her anywhere, seeing as she tecnically didn't do anything and apologizing would go against her morals. But she needed to tell her something reassuring, something that could make her feel better.

Susie took a deep breath, closing her eyes before opening them to speak. " Listen (Y/n)-"

" I'm sorry Susie." (Y/n) exclaimed, cutting Susie off. Susie's yellow eyes got bigger, staring at (Y/n) as if looking at an extra terrestial.

" Why are you..?" Was what she could muster, looking at the (h/c) in front her. A weak smile was gently resting upon (Y/n)'s features, tears threatening to spill.

A frustrated yet held back expression covered (Y/n)'s pretty face, her brows furrowed together as her shoulders tensed upward. She opened her mouth to speak, looking like she was about to yell, only for a yelp-like sound escaping her lips. " I-i-" She gripped her jeans harshly, looking up at Susie with a focused look.

" Isn't it obvious? It's because i like you." She then defeatedly said, arms hanging beside her  like spagetti. Tears fell, one by one down her wet, red cheeks.

  Susie's brain went white for a second, she couldn't comprehend a word she was hearing. Her cheeks flared with a dark purple, turning the same color as her freckles.

(Y/n) sighed at Susie's lack of response, taking it in the wrong way. Susie got up from the grass, looking straight ahead. " I knew you didn't like me it was too good to be tru-"

Susie ran full force into (Y/n), her lips crashing onto hers. (Y/n) caught Susie in her arms the best she could so that they wouldn't fall.

Susie took (Y/n) by the collar roughly, not letting her get away. Soon they had to take some deep breaths, grinning at eachother as the dopamine pumped through their brains.

" Wow." (Y/n) scoffed, her normal self returning as if brought back from some curse. Susie laughed loudly, a happy expression finally on her face.

(Y/n) was beaming, eyes shining like stars as the sun was setting behind the two. The (h/c) girl took Susie's hand into hers, swinging it back and forth for no apparent reason.

" Was that your first kiss?" Susie asked, looking down at (Y/n) continously smiling state. (Y/n) sadly shook her head.

" There was this one kid back in the city.. sorry." Susie smiled at (Y/n) apologetic eyes, resting her head on top of (Y/n)'s.

" It's okay."

(didn't edit this either im so fucking tired jesus)